At 2 months, Abbi:
- is quite the big baby!! She is weighing in at 12 pounds 14 ounces and is 24 inches tall. That puts her in the 90th percentile for weight and 96th percentile for height!! But she has a small head that only comes in at the 30th percentile.
- has found her fist and loves to suck on it! Sometimes she will even get so carried away trying to stick the whole thing in her mouth that she will gag herself!
- still loves staring at the ceiling fan and staring out the window. She loves for you to walk her around the house, with her facing out so that she can look at everything. She is quite curious!
- smiles like crazy, and has even started half laughing. She has the cutest dimples (that are soo hard to catch in a picture!) but they make me smile every time I see them.
- is a really strong girl. She has great neck/head control and has for quite some time now. She also has strong legs and loves to stand up. In fact, her favorite thing to do is to have you hold her standing - facing out, of course, so she can see the world around her!
- loves to watch tv. I think she just loves watching the movement, but the tv will keep her attention for quite some time.
- is becoming a little bit more independent. I can put her in her bouncer or swing or laying on the floor for more time now than I could last month. She still loves to be held, though!
- hates going to sleep. She will cry almost every time before she goes down for a nap or down for the night. Around 6 weeks, those crying fits would last quite awhile, but luckily it's not as bad anymore!
- still eats like a champ! I guess you can tell that by her weight, though! (And by her double chin!)
- still eats about every 2 hours during the day. The only time she will go longer is if she is taking a good nap, but she will usually wake up at 2 hours on the dot!
- hates sleeping in her bed. This is our biggest struggle, lately. I'm trying to train her to sleep in her bed, but she's not having it. Any suggestions are welcome!
- even though she hates sleeping in her bed, she still sleeps really well all night - usually in the swing. She'll wake up to eat every 3-4 hours, but always falls right back asleep.
- wants to start rolling over, but hasn't quite got it yet. She'll get over onto her side, but hasn't rolled over yet.
- loves her daddy! Whenever he gets home from work, she'll always turn towards him when she hears him. And she gets the biggest smiles on her face when he talks to her!
- used to hate taking baths, but now will make it through without crying. But once I try to dry and lotion her, she hates it and will always start screaming!
- has started eating from a bottle. Josh complained forever that he wanted to feed her, so I've started pumping for one of her meals every day and Josh feeds her. It's his favorite time of the day!
- is very responsive. She'll smile when you smile at her, and she'll try to mimic your facial expressions. Such a smart girl!
- speaking of smart, I think she is figuring out how to manipulate us! She has this little fake cry that she will do when she wants attention. It's cute, but I can see that we are in trouble when she gets older!
I also decided to start taking her picture in the Lazy Boy every month. I've seen a few people take pictures next to or on something every month so you can see how much they've grown. I can't believe how big she already is!