I know she is technically still a baby, but I feel like in this past month, Abbi has grown up so much. I really don't even see her as a baby any more. 10 months! And each day gets us closer to a year, and that is so crazy to me.
At 10 months, Abbi:
- Seems to get smarter every day. It's crazy how fast she picks up on things!
- Is as curious as can be. She wants to touch everything and inspect it all.
- Is still so chubby! I keep thinking that the chub is going to start going away because she is such a mover, but it is still there and I love it!
- Is a great eater. She will pretty much eat anything I put in front of her, although she is still not too keen on textures. Unless it is a snack like bread or fruit. Weird that she'll eat textures if she is feeding herself, but she doesn't really like it if there are small chunks of anything in her food!
- Loves food, but still loves to nurse. I know I need to start weaning her soon, but she still is loving to nurse 5 times a day.
- Can say "mama" and "dada" although "dada" is her word of choice. She loves to talk by babbling, but when she talks to Max it's more of a screach!
- Loves her sippy cup and has been really good at drinking water.
- Started throwing temper tantrums. Already?? She knows what she wants, though, and tries to do what she has to do to get it!
- Has discovered pointing, and does it all the time. Whether it's pointing to something that she wants to go see or pointing to the cupboard for more Cheerios, her little finger is out most of the day.
- Is still not walking. If I was a gambling woman, I would have lost this bet, because I really thought she'd be walking by 9 months. She can stand on her own, and she walks great along the furniture or with her walker toy. But she hasn't tried for those first steps yet!
- Wants to put everything in her mouth. Maybe it's because she loves to eat so much and she thinks that everything tastes good!
- Always gets happy when she sees Max. They are really becoming the best of friends and I love watching it!
- Has 4 teeth. Her two bottom middle, and the top two side teeth. She is singing "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" this year!
- Is a pro at waving bye-bye, shaking her head no, doing the fishy face and giving high fives.
- Loves looking at pictures, especially ones of her mommy & daddy. There is one picture in her bedroom of her and Josh, and every time we go into the bedroom she points to go over to it and says "dada."
- Loves little kids and babies. She loves to look at photography blogs with me when the pictures are of little kids. She will also always point and smile at babies and kids when we are out. We finally bought her a little baby doll and she loves it like crazy!
- Is sleeping through the night 90% of the time. Yay!!
- Loves books, and is finally starting to pay attention when I read them to her instead of just trying to pull them out of my hands. Her favorites are "Moo Baa LaLaLa" and a colors book.
- Loves to pull everything out of her toy basket, one by one. She loves to do the same thing with Max's toys and with my purse.
I seriously think she gets prettier every day, and every day, I fall in love with her more and more. I never thought it would be possible to love a child like this! She has brightened my world and I'm so excited to see what the next months bring!