Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

This Christmas season has been so weird - with Josh up in Salt Lake and the kids and I with my parents. We are trying to make the best of it - I guess it will just be a Christmas to remember!!


 The day started off with tradition - breakfast at IHOP for my mom's birthday. This is one of the things I look forward to the most every Christmas Eve!!

During the day, Abbi and I made some cookies to leave for Santa. Abbi is becoming quite the cookie maker and quite the helper in the kitchen!!



That night, there was cake, ice cream and presents for my mom.  Happy, happy birthday!!


After cake and ice cream, the kids, Max and I headed up to Salt Lake. Josh was on call, so we got a hotel room (one that let us have Max, and one that had 2 beds!). By the time we got there, it was already pretty late. My mom had a little tree that she let us borrow, so we set up the tree and set out the stockings so that Santa would be able to find us. And then, of course, the kids didn't want to go to bed. Eventually, Abbi fell asleep. It was a pretty long night with Easton (which ended up with me holding him most of the night, and leaving around 5am to drive around to try to get him to sleep better.) But at least we were all together as a family!! (And hopefully we'll never have to spend Christmas in a hotel again!) :)

No comments: