Friday, May 9, 2008

I Love the Spring!!

OK, so I don't post for 2 months, and then 2 posts in a row. I'm quite unpredictable, aren't I!?! Actually, I hate posting without a picture, and I didn't have any pictures to post before, so maybe that had something to do with it...

I just have to say that I love the Spring. Each of the seasons has something good about them, but there is nothing better than the flowers blooming after a cold winter, and the leaves on the trees returning. And the weather is perfect.

There are good things and bad things about being a homeowner:

Good - you get to have a yard
Bad - you get to take care of a yard
Front yard grass and flowers

Yes, it is a lot of work, and we really have so much more to do to our yard. But I can say with complete certainty that we have the best looking grass for at least a mile in any direction of us. Josh has a complete green thumb. I only wish I had a picture of the grass when we bought our house 2 years ago. In the front yard, the grass was SUPER long and mostly dead and full of weeds. The grass in the backyard was a very sad sight - I'm actually quite surprised that Josh was able to bring it back from the dead. But Josh knows just how much to water it, when to fertilize, when to mow - I really think it is his pride and joy!

Backyard grass. Josh mows perfect lines!!

The flowers are gorgeous right now. The spring flowers are my favorite - all of the tulips bring a smile to my face! I get sad that they don't last longer than they do. But I love the colors of tulips that I planted - they really are much different than anyone around us. There is pink and purple and white and a really dark purple that is my favorite. I'm planning on planting even more this fall!!

My favorite tulips

Besides the grass and the tulips, our yard still needs a lot of work. I'm planning on posting our progress with both the house and the yard here - and also to get some opinions on different things. So be prepared to comment!!

2 comments:

Janell said...

Okay, can I just say that we DESPERATELY need Josh's help on our grass?!? It gets better, then worse, and right now it's horrific. I'm hoping we don't have to tear it all out and start all over. Josh's advice would be much appreciated :) And have a blast in New York!!

Unknown said...

Your yard looks beautiful! You really are like old people who have a perfect lawn.