Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Baby's Heartbeat



I had my 16 week appointment yesterday. Josh wasn't able to go with me, so I thought I'd be a dork and bring along my camera so I could record the heartbeat. I acted like i did this for Josh, but really, I wanted it so I can listen to it whenever I want to! Ignore the video, it's just the ceiling. I didn't really want to record my belly, but I just did it for the sound. The heartbeat started out around 155 and then jumped up to 160.

I am scheduled for my ultrasound on September 9th. I can't wait to find out the sex of this little person inside of me!! It all still seems so surreal. It really felt real when Amy and Charlie had their baby, and I realized that I would be there in 6 months. But some days, it's still a hard concept to grasp. I guess the whole idea of creating life is just amazing!!

8 comments:

The Waite Family said...

That is so amazing, I am so excited for you I wish I would have done that now you'll always have it. Are they going to record the ultra sound on a dvd for you?

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

I'll have to listen to it when I get home.. I LOVE the heartbeat.. i never thought of recording it.. I should totally do that next time though.. It would make me feel better during those times that i freak out!! :)
I can't wait till your ultrasound either.. you think the heartbeat is cool.. JUST WAIT!! its soooooo amazing.. and so funny how cute a black and white fuzzy blob looks when you are it's mom!!! :)
and.. hate to break it to you.. but that's totally a girl heartbeat!!!!! boys are usually slower.. or so the old wives tales say...and it was true for me!

Deborah said...

Shannon - Yep, I'll have it on DVD, so I'm sooo excited!!

Ryley - I'm laughing, because I actually asked the dr about that. The heartbeat at 12 weeks was 168, so I asked if he ever predicted off the heartbeat. He said the speed of the heartbeat has more to do with the age of the baby than the sex. We'll see - I've been reading some message boards, and the heartbeat prediction was only accurate on about half of them.

Cassie said...

Wow, so amazing! It's the coolest sound in the world, isn't it? (By the way, my baby's heartbeat was consistently in the 150's and 160's, and he's ALL BOY, so I don't know about those old wives' tales!)

Ashley said...

That is SO exciting! I'm pregnant too (just barely though, no doctor's appointments yet) with my second baby, and I ALREADY can't wait to find out the sex either and to hear the heart beat!

LaDue & Crew said...

Hi, I left the comment about the cookbooks ;o). I saw on your blog you are expecting, and wanted to pass along this neat place! Not sure how close it is to you, but they have many locations: http://www.kidtokid.com/index.php It is an awesome second hand store and everything is like new! I buy most everything fo rmy 2 year old there (here in Phoenix!)Blessings on your new gift from above! Janet

Unknown said...

Oh my, I LOVED that. I'm even more excited for you - if that's possible. I can't wait for Sept. 9th!!

Michelle said...

you are not a dork at all...that is the coolest sound ever! that was very cool for me to hear! It makes me want a baby!