Friday, April 8, 2011

Book #20 - Keeping the Moon


Keeping the Moon
Sarah Dessen


Blurb: Colie expects the worst when she's sent to spend the summer with her eccentric aunt Mira while her mother, queen of the television infomercial, tours Europe. Always an outcast -- first for being fat and then for being "easy" -- Colie has no friends at home and doesn't expect to find any in Colby, North Carolina. But then she lands a job at the Last Chance Cafe and meets fellow waitresses Morgan and Isabel, best friends with a loving yet volatile relationship. Wacky yet wise, Morgan and Isabel help Colie see herself in a new way and realize the potential that has been there all along. (From Goodreads)

Opening Sentence: "My name is Nicole Sparks."

Length: Short - 228 pages

Notes:  While cleaning out the baby's room, I found a piece of paper that I had written a bunch of author's names on from forever ago.  I don't know where I got them or if they were recommended somewhere, but I copied the names over to my "to read" list.  This was one of the authors.  This book is definitely written for a teen audience, but I did actually like it.  I thought it had a good message - especially for teen girls.  There are a few minor swear words.  I don't know if I'd go and immediately read everything by this author, but I'd definitely pick up another one of her books if I'm looking for a quick, easy read!

Random quote: "I don't believe in failure, because simply by saying you've failed, you've admitted you attempted. And anyone who attempts is not a failure. Those who truly fail in my eyes are the ones who never try at all. The ones who sit on the couch and whine and moan and wait for the world to change for them."

Recommend: yes


Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: