Friday, March 9, 2012

Easton is One!


**I actually didn't take his pictures until April, but to be able to find them easily, I'm back-dating them to his birthday. Because that's the way I work!** 

Oh, my little man.  Easton is such a great little boy.  He was always such an easy-going baby, and he has carried that throughout the whole first year of his life.  90% of the time, he is just content to go with the flow, and sometimes I forget he's even there because he is so quiet!!


He started walking around 10 months, and hasn't stopped since.  This boy loves to run and play. In fact, if he ever gets cranky, I usually just need to put him down somewhere where he can run, and that will cheer him right up.

He also loves being outside.   That's the other go-to when he is cranky.  Just let him outside, and he will have a huge smile on his face!!


I know I'm going to be in trouble when he gets older, because I can't go anywhere without people oohing and aahing over how cute he is.  I have a feeling that Josh and I are going to be dealing with lots of girl's phone calls and knocks on the door when he gets older!

Easton has an infectious laugh.  It's seriously the best, and will get us all laughing once he starts.


He has started to love being independant.  Sometimes, if he won't eat, I will just leave it for him to feed himself and he'll go crazy.  I think he just wants to do it himself!

I'm so lucky that he is a pretty good sleeper, too.  I'm able to put him down in his crib before he is asleep, and he'll put himself to sleep.  I wasn't able to do that with Abbi until right before Easton was born. so I'm so grateful for that!!  He does like to wake up at 6am every morning, though, and I look forward to the day that he starts sleeping later!


He is still not talking.  He is a cave man most of the time and grunts and points at what he wants, but no words.  For awhile, he would say mama and dada when you would coach him to say it, but he doesn't want to talk at all now.  It's so different for me, because Abbi was such an early talker.  But I think he's the chill one, and is content for now communicating in different ways.


This little boy melts my heart, and although I want to keep him this age forever, I'm excited to see what kind of boy and then man he turns into. He sure is special!!

No comments: