Thursday, February 28, 2008

American Idol - Season 7

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little dissapointed in AI this year so far? I guess I don't usually watch until the top 12, so maybe once everyone has been on the stage a few times, they will be better. But my aerobics instructor told us this morning that she was watching an interview with Simon Cowell, and he said that all but about 5 of them this year are "rubbish".

Regardless, here are my top 2 favorite guys and girls, and the 4 that I think should go home today.

Favorite Guys

David Archuleta

Of course I have to go with the home town boy. Not only that, but he blew everyone else away this week. And I think he definitely has a chance to go all the way. Did you hear the audience when he was up??

David Hernandez

This is just based on Tuesday's show. I really liked Michael Johns in the preliminaries, but I haven't loved him the last 2 weeks. But I thought David did a really good job on Tuesday, and he seems like he is taking the criticism and actually trying to be better.

Guys That Need To Go

Jason Yeager

Does anyone else find this guy really annoying and arrogant? I don't even think he sings well at all.


Luke Menard

Ehh. I'll fast forward through him. I don't hate him, but I don't think he's very great, either.


Favorite Girls

Brooke White

I think she was the best girl last night. I thought the song really fit her, and she did a great job. I was worried, because I didn't think she did that great last week.


Carly Smithson

I've liked Carly since the beginning, although I really don't think she has done really well the last two weeks. I hope she gets it together!


Girls That Need To Go

Kady Malloy

I really like Kady, I really do. But she has not done so well the last 2 weeks, and I think she will be a goner tonight.


Amanda Overmyer

Maybe it's because it's just not my type of music, but I don't really feel her. I think she sings ok, but everything kind of sounds the same to me.


So who are your favorites, and who do you think will be leaving?

6 comments:

Brian & Michelle said...

I haven't watched American Idol at all this year! My fav part is when they are trying out, and they show the really bad people. My wife has watched a few here and there. I hear they have a lot of "professionals" on the show this year. That kinda defeats the purpose.

But there are also a few people from Arizona. Since I'm living in Arizona...I vote for those people! =)

Brian & Michelle said...

So whatever happened with your husband's knee? I just read that post again, and realized there was no update. What did you guys decide to finally do? You can put that in your new upcoming post you are wondering about writing! =)

Janell said...

I'm going to post my favorites on my blog...good idea :)

Brian & Michelle said...

Hey! I went ahead and made a Page Element feature on my blog advertising your Scrapifieds business. If you want the codes, so you can put it on yours...just e-mail me at

shermanites@gmail.com

and I'll send them to you. I think its a great idea, and we have a ton of scrapbookers down here in Arizona. Quite of few of them check out our blog, so hopefully the word will get out and spread like wildfire for you. I felt inspired to do my part to help your business progress so you could start your family.

Janell said...

ok, so what do you think of david hernandez now that it's become public about him stripping in a gay bar? I know, this is a singing competition...but it's also called "American IDOL". Do I read too much into things? I'm being judgmental now, shame on me...because he really does have a great voice! He was one of my faves...

Secrets said...

I started watching it from the begining this year. There's so much comedy in the begining.

I'm losing interest now. But I like David A. too. I think he's going to take it. I like the 17 year old girl too.

COMEDYSECRETS.BLOGSPOT.COM