Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breaking the Trend


We have a trend of boys going in my family right now. Amy, Kacy and Janell - all with boys. Well, I'm breaking the trend and having a...

x-rated, but definitely all girl!

GIRL!!!


I really am so excited. I was scared a few months ago, because I've always wanted a boy first and I was afraid that I would be disappointed if it was a girl. So I started psyching myself up for a girl. And so many people have told me how wonderful it is to have girl first, and I started thinking about all of the good things about having a girl. When we went in yesterday, I really think that no matter what they said - as long as the baby is healthy! - I'd be happy. And I'm so excited for my little princess!

She really is perfect. And if I was planning on waiting until the birth to find out the sex, the surprise would have been ruined, because the tech didn't even have to tell me before I noticed that she is a girl! The ultrasound tech kept commenting about how photogenic and beautiful she was. It was a great experience, and wonderful to finally see our little girl. She's a flexible little girl - she had her feet up by her head, folded up, almost the whole time. She was pretty sleepy, so she wasn't moving around a ton, but it was good so that they could get all of her measurements and the tech was able to get really good shots of her organs - especially her heart. We even got to see her yawn, which was super cute! My doctor office had just upgraded their u/s machine a few months ago, so instead of the video copy most give out, they could do a dvd, which we watched twice this morning at about 1am because neither of us could sleep. I'll see if I can upload it on my computer to post it - it really is amazing to see this tiny baby that is living inside of my belly!

Isn't she beautiful!?!

The only issue present was that my placenta is lying low right now, and if it starts to cover the cervix (called Placenta Previa) then I will have to end up having a c-section. The doctor is not too worried, because most of the time it moves out of the way, but I get to have another ultrasound at 28 weeks to make sure everything is ok.

I'm just so happy that my baby girl is healthy and strong! And grateful that I get to call her a "her" now. Now we get to start talking about names...

10 comments:

The Waite Family said...

Congrats!!! you will love having a girl so many cute things to buy and dress her up in, and josh and her will have such a special bond and it will be so neat for you to watch them together, I loved having a girl first they are really special i am so happy for you both. oh can I get your address?

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Congratulations!!! Very exciting news - it would have been exciting either way, but yay for little girls and all the cute stuff that comes with the territory! Girl clothes are way cuter than the boys stuff that is out there. I'm in big trouble if this one is a girl just for that reason!

Cassie said...

Congratulations -- how wonderful!! So glad that you and the little angel are healthy!! You're going to have so much fun!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

Awwww... love the pics!!! That is such a great profile picture.

I LOVE our DVD too..but our little boy was alll over the place so its so funny to watch him squirm and wiggle around.. Only 8 more weeks and you get to see her again!! :)

(p.s. when are you guys getting sealed?? My husband's sister and her husband got married the month before us and are getting sealed Oct 18th! I can't wait!!)

Jenny May McKim said...

I am so excited for you to be having a girl..
I just pictured you with a little girl first..
I can just see her in her little pigtails and
following mommy around the kitchen...
Good Luck on the name... Always a tough one..
Can't wait to hear what you pick though.

Michelle said...

yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!!! I am so excited for you! I feel like everyone has boys...so it is time for someone I know to have a girl! gosh, I can't wait for you to have your sweet little angel!
for some reason, your blog address won't work in my google reader....it's dumb, so I forget to check your blog because I dont' know when you've updated it. Sorry...I'm a slacker...but I love you and I am so excited for you!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Congrats Deborah on the exciting news!

Abby said...

Congrats! I can tell she's already beautiful. And you're right - as long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Brian said...

Congrats!

Mrs Ergül said...

Congratulations! it must feel so nice waiting for the baby to deliver (except the nauseous part)! I do agree that whether the baby is a boy or boy, as long as he or she is healthy, it is great!