Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Take a Guess


So my ultrasound is a week from today - and we have been counting down the days!! I desperately want to know what we're having. But do you believe in the mother's first intuition, or the old wives tales?

  • First intuition - BOY
  • Heart Rate - GIRL
  • Carrying High or Low - I'm not sure on this, because I don't know how to really tell the difference, but I feel like I'm carrying low, so - BOY
  • but another says that if you can tell that you are pregnant from behind because of the weight gain, it's a girl, where if it's a boy, you'll carry all of your weight up front - GIRL (can we say back fat and love handles??!!)
  • Craving sweet or salty - Definitely salty - BOY
  • Breast size - weird one, but it says if your left one is larger, it's a girl, and if the right one is larger it's a boy - GIRL
  • Acne - if you get acne, it's supposed to be a girl, stealing your beauty. Well, I always do, but it's actually better now, so - BOY
  • Here's a new one I just found - The Mayans determined the sex of the baby by taking the mother's age at conception, and the year of conception. If both are even or both are odd...it's a girl. If one is even and one odd it's a boy. - GIRL
  • If you crave the heels of the bread, it's a boy, but if you crave the middle of the loaf, it's a girl - GIRL
  • Chinese Gender Chart - GIRL

Right now, it's barely leaning towards a girl. And I know that my initial first intuition was a boy, but if I had to bet right now, I'd say it's going to be a girl. So were any of these true for you? And what is your guess to what we're having? And I know there are a few more old wives tales that I can't think of right now, (blame it on pregnancy brain), so let me know if you know of any!

8 comments:

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

I'm so excited for you too!! I loved finding out.. Drink Orange Juice!! That way it will be moving a lot and you will be able to see more!

As for those prediction methods.. the high or low thing: I'm totally right in the middle.
The weight gain: Honestly.. I havent gained a ton of weight but i guess if i have its been all over. not one spot.
The cravings: I think that one is the most true. I always have people tell me they only craved salty with thier boys and sweet wit thier girls. I've been salty and spicy.
Breast size.. hmm.. i think mine are pretty even..
I NEVER had acne before I got pregnant.. and now i feel like a piece of pizza.. and I'm having a boy..so dont know about that one..
the age thing worked for me! one is even one is odd.. and its a boy!
And who ever wants the heal of the bread?? I'm the kind of girl that always digs the middle out of french bread!!
And my chinese gender chart did say boy..so cant help there..
Hmmm... tough one..

But I am a firm believer in the intuition, I was always SOO sure it was a boy..and it was.. I can't wait to see what it is.. I hope he or she is very cooperative at the ultrasound!!!!

Cassie said...

Let's see...my first intuition was girl, the heart rate was girl, I craved sweet things, I had some acne, my left breast was SLIGHTLY larger, Chinese gender chart said girl. But guess what? I had a little boy! So I guess I don't put too much faith in that stuff.

I say, boy boy boy!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I think those things are fun but don't put much weight in them. If I go with anything other than ultrasound, it would be intuition; however, don't buy clothes based on just that! ;-) Can't wait for you to find out.

Paula said...

My first pregnancy was boy/girl twins, so I'm no help here! We also wanted to find out, and was able to tell my son was a boy right away, but my daughter was quite properly shy and didn't let the ultrasound tech have a proper glimpse for another couple of weeks! We were able to find out my second pregnancy was a girl from an early ultrasound! Again, no help!

Can't wait to find out if it's a little Josh or a little Deborah :-)...

Unknown said...

I'm guessing you are having a girl. I can't wait to be right!!

Kacy & Adam said...

The only thing that held true for me was the sweet/salty food thing. But only in the 1st and second trimester...hmmm. my intuition was only right with #3 but
I think it was more of me hoping :) I seriously can't wait for all of us to find out, especially you! I'm keeping my sewing machine out :)

Jenny May McKim said...

Not that I have any personal experience with this
just yet (need to wait another week to find out if
maybe soon) but either way I am sooooo very
excited for you and I am going to venture a
guess that you are having a little GIRL.

Mrs Ergül said...

I remember using the Chinese gender chart and check against my mum's pregnancies. Bingo for all 4 pregnancies!