Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend

I loved that the 4th of July fell on a Monday, because that meant a whole weekend full of festivities!!

The party started on Saturday with a bbq at Tami's house. There was good food and good times had by all!








The morning of the 4th of July started early.  We got up at the crack of dawn to head down to the Balloon Festival.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn't cooperating, and the balloons didn't launch.  At least they inflated a few of them, so it wasn't a total loss!!







We headed back to the car and ate some breakfast from Del Taco.  Then it was over to the parade!


We aren't those crazy people who go hours early or sleep out for a good spot. Which means that all of the good spots are usually taken!  This is the second year we've gone to the very front of the parade route, which actually works out pretty well.  The only bad part is that the parade starts from 2 different spots, so we don't get a very good view of the bands or the balloons.  But we still like our spot!!









I wish I would have gotten a picture of this from the front.  This lady, dressed up like Cinderella, saw Abbi and came over and shook her hand.  Since Abbi is absolutely infatuated with princesses right now, she was practically star-struck. It was the cutest thing!




We were originally going to go swimming after the parade, but since the weather wasn't cooperating, we decided to go home for naps.  :) 

That night, we headed up to see the Pleasant Grove fireworks.  I met my family there - where we all brought picnic dinners and treats to share.

The kids had fun playing together, and Abbi ran off on more than one occasion.  She about gave me a heart attack - that little stinker!







The rain mostly held out, but it did sprinkle a bit on us. Thank goodness we had a few umbrellas on hand!


Our spot was pretty amazing for the fireworks show.  I have never been so close before!  We litterally had to look up and had debris falling all over us.  It was a bit scary, but also exciting!

This is a horrible picture, but I just had to post it.  This is such typical Abbi - everyone is watching the fireworks show, but she just cares about dancing!!




It was a great holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

this made me homesick. I don't think I ever missed a Provo Parade until I moved out East. like, EVER. fun pics!