Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's Beginning To...

look a lot like Christmas??? I have to admit, I'm really having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. Maybe it's because it's been so warm lately. The forecast is for 3-6 inches of snow today, but so far, none of it is sticking here at my house. And as much as I want it to snow so that it feels more like Christmas, I guess the warm weather hasn't been so bad since I can't fit into any of my shoes except for flip flops. Yeah, I had to go to Costco today, and there I was, with the snow coming down, and me in my flip flops. I'm sure I looked like a dork...

I haven't even done any shopping yet, mostly because I don't know what people want. I know what I'm going to get Josh, I just have to figure out where to hide it so he doesn't find out before Christmas. And we finally got our tree up and decorated. We went and bought it last Friday, and I kept waiting for Josh to help me decorate it, but he has been working so much lately that I finally decorated it by myself on Wednesday. Christmas fact about Josh and I - I have always decorated the tree by myself. I was hoping it would change this year, but no such luck. But it will be a family affair next year, especially since our little girl will be with us.

I'm sure Christmas will change next year since we will be parents - and I'm excited to see it through the eyes of a child. I guess for now, I just need to go turn up that Christmas music and make some cookies or something!!

**I have my 34 week appt on Tuesday, so I'll update any baby stuff then. Plus, the nursery should be done next week (crossing my fingers) so hopefully I'll have pictures of that!**

4 comments:

Jenny May McKim said...

I know what you mean about trying
to get into the Christmas Spirit..
Its been super mild up here too...
I'm hanging on...Thanks though
I hope to be feeling better soon.

Cassie said...

Your tree looks eerily similar to mine, with the red bulbs and silver beads. We have the same star, and our trees-skirts could also be twins! It's a beautiful tree.

It was hard for me to be excited last Christmas, because I was looking so forward to THIS Christmas when my little one would be here. Next year you are going to have SO MUCH FUN!

And you're right; the weather's not helping. It's 50 degrees and rainy here right now! Ugh.

syndi said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery! Sounds like you guys are in for some real fun in the next month, yeah! I am coming to Utah the 6th of January and wont be leaving until the 27th, I would love to see you. Just email me.

Unknown said...

Your tree looks so pretty AND I bet you're regretting your wish for snow. Now Utah has TOO much snow!!