Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Post of 2008...

36 weeks, 3 days

And last doctor’s appointment of 2008!! I had an appointment this morning and all is well. She is head down and her heart rate is still perfect. I had my first internal exam (ouch!!) and I am dilated about 1 ½ cm and 70% effaced. I told the dr. that I was planning on having her in a week and a half, and he doesn’t think that’s likely, but it’s possible. I keep telling her that is when she is coming, so hopefully she’s listening to her mommy!! Everything else is pretty much the same. My hands and feet have been swelling, but my blood pressure and protein are still good, so nothing to worry about at this point. I just can’t believe that I will be meeting this little one in less than a month!!


New Car for the New Year

I finally broke down and agreed with Josh that it was time to get a new car. We really weren’t planning on buying until January, but we came across a Buick Enclave and fell in love, and next thing I know, we’re in the dealership signing paperwork last Friday. I do have to say, though – I love this car!! The only thing it doesn’t have that we want is leather seats – I’m a firm believer that with a dog and a child, leather is a must-have!! – so we will be having leather put in. Now the only problem is that there is a problem with the door locks that the dealership is having a hard time figuring out, so the car has been there since yesterday and I won’t be picking it up until tonight, so the picture above is not our car. It stinks to have a car payment again, but we traded in one of our cars and will be selling the other and putting that towards the Buick, and Josh is determined to work hard this next year and have it paid off before the year is over. Josh is feeling really relieved, because he would always worry about me out driving, especially since winter is here and I’ve been driving the CRV. It’s got over 160,000 miles on it, and he always worries about me breaking down or being stranded somewhere. And now with the baby on the way, he’ll be able to not worry when I am out and about.

I have a few New Year’s Resolutions for this year, but I’m hoping to do a 2008 review and a look forward to 2009 tomorrow. But I hope you all have a wonderful evening and a Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

awwww.. she is so cute! And you are sooo close! 70% is awesome!!! effacement is way more important than dialation at this point.. do you have a birth ball?? If you do.. I totally recomend sitting on it CONSTANTLY!! if you dont. they are like $15 at walmart.. totally worth the investment.. It will really help to bring her down. and finish the effacement and gwt the dialation going...

I really hope she'll come out when you want her too!!!!

Congrats on the new car too! We bought a new car right before he was born too... it feels so much better to have a really reliable car! (but we got leather!!! :)

Happy 2009... It's going to be a crazy year for us!!!! :)

Jenny May McKim said...

You look great Deb...
Can't wait to hear when you go and if you
get to go early like you are wanting.

Happy 2009... Its going to be a lot of fun
for both our families as we add to them.
Can't wait to hear more!

Cassie said...

Your belly is so cute!! And the new car is great, too. It sounds like you're making some great progress; I'm rooting for you. COME ON, little girl...1/11!!!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

one more word of advise....

make sure you have at least 4-5 ZIP up sleepers. I can't emphasise the zip up part enough.. there is nothing worse than trying to match snaps in the middle of night!! And our little guy has blow out poopies almost every night and we have to change him.. I have already had to go out and buy more zip up one because I cant stand the snaps!!!

kellypea said...

I just thought I'd drop by and see how you and "baby" are doing! Brings back so many memories of taking photos of my own pregnant belly. So sweet! With less than a month to go, yes, my dear, you can absolutely get bigger. Much. Bigger. With my first one, they kept adjusting the due date later and later -- up to two weeks, but he surprised us all and came earlier than mentioned. Yay! Keep those fingers crossed and happy new car!