Tuesday, December 2, 2008

32 Weeks


I know it has been a long time since I've updated - I can't believe how busy I've been, and posting on here just hasn't been a priority. So I'll try not to cram too much into one post, but maybe start posting more regularly!!

I'll post about the pregnancy first, since that is what has occupied most of my thoughts as of lately!!
  • I have a big baby. I had an ultrasound done at 28 weeks, and she was already almost 3 pounds then. The average is between 2 - 2 1/2 at that point. I just had an appointment today, and the nurse told me that I'm measuring between 33 and 34 weeks. So maybe not huge, but she's a big girl already!
  • I am determined to have her on January 11th, so everyone send out their positive thoughts for me. She's due the 25th, so the 11th is exactly 2 weeks early. I figure that shouldn't be a big stretch since she's already big. I'm measuring about 2 weeks ahead, so hopefully she'll come 2 weeks early and be a normal sized baby! Plus, I thought it would be fun for her birthday to be on 1/11 - since our anniversary is 11/11 - we'd be a family of ones!
  • I did find out from my ultrasound that my placenta has completely moved, so no worries of a C-section right now. I wasn't too worried, since they say 90% move, and I didn't have any bleeding.
  • My family threw me a baby shower a little over a week ago, and it was so much fun. I got some really cute things - this baby is going to be very well dressed!! I'm working on getting her room done - hopefully it will be painted and set up in the next 2 weeks so I can take inventory and figure out what else I need. My plan is to be completely prepared by the end of the year, so that I can just relax when the beginning of the year is here and just wait for her to come!!
  • The above picture was taken this morning before my doctor appointment. I feel so huge! I can't imagine what I'm going to look like in 6-8 more weeks before she comes. I think she's out of room already! But no stretch marks on the belly so far. I'm really hoping it stays that way, but realistically, I know I'll probably end up with some. Oh well, it's not like I go around wearing belly shirts or anything!!
  • I've had a pretty uneventful pregnancy so far, which is a good thing. I'm so glad I'm not working right now, because I'm starting to get extremely uncomfortable, and I can't imagine sitting at a desk for 7-8 hours every day at this point. I admire those who do/have!
Once I make some progress on the nursery, I'll start posting pictures. I really am in love with the bedding I chose - so I think everything will be really cute!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

your belly is so cute! and just because you don't have any stretch marks now, doesn't mean that you will get some! I didn't get any....somehow avoided them...I better keep my mouth shut or I'll jinx myself!

you look great and I am so excited for you! you're going to be a momma!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Super cute!!! I measured WAY ahead with Aiden...like 6 weeks ahead towards the end. But he was breech, so that was a big part of it. Plus, he was a big baby too. His C-section was at exactly 38 weeks and he was still over 9 pounds!!! But I never got any stretch marks with him. I was covered in them with my daughter though, so I figure my body just reused the old ones :-)

I'm also so thankful to not be working. I worked up until about my last month or two with Aiden and was MISERABLE. I've been waking up with sciatica pain the last few mornings and I keep remembering how bad it was to have sciatica and have to walk up and down the long hallways at work. Now I can just stay in my PJs and sit down until the pain goes away. Thank God!

Cassie said...

Your belly is absolutely adorable! I'm so happy to hear that everything's going well. I can't believe you're 32 weeks already! Your girl will be here before you know it! I consistently measured a week ahead with Andrew, too, and when he was born at 37 weeks he was already 7 lbs 8 oz. So your little girl could definitely be ready to be born on 1/11!

I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery. And yes, be glad you aren't working, because those last couple months of sitting at a desk while I was pregnant gave me a perpetual backache.

Abby said...

Cute! I'm sort of jealous because I never did show. Seriously. People at work didn't even know I was pregnant until they got the email that Cash had arrived!

The docs also told me - on the day I delivered - that Cash would be at least 7 pounds. He was 5.5. They have no clue, really. It's all a guessing game!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

I am not someone who follows astrology AT ALL! like I dont even know my own sign... but I was looking at the moon schedule and Jan 11th is a full moon too!!! :)
If it works for me maybe it will work for you!!! That would be cool.. our babies on 12/12 and 1/11!! :)

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

32 weeks was almost 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

We want to see how your baby girl is growing... :)

(mainly just so I dont feel like the only whale in the world!)

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I'm due in April and it looks like my girl is measuring on the big side too. Good luck getting everything ready for the sweet little baby!