I know it has been a long time since I've updated - I can't believe how busy I've been, and posting on here just hasn't been a priority. So I'll try not to cram too much into one post, but maybe start posting more regularly!!
I'll post about the pregnancy first, since that is what has occupied most of my thoughts as of lately!!
- I have a big baby. I had an ultrasound done at 28 weeks, and she was already almost 3 pounds then. The average is between 2 - 2 1/2 at that point. I just had an appointment today, and the nurse told me that I'm measuring between 33 and 34 weeks. So maybe not huge, but she's a big girl already!
- I am determined to have her on January 11th, so everyone send out their positive thoughts for me. She's due the 25th, so the 11th is exactly 2 weeks early. I figure that shouldn't be a big stretch since she's already big. I'm measuring about 2 weeks ahead, so hopefully she'll come 2 weeks early and be a normal sized baby! Plus, I thought it would be fun for her birthday to be on 1/11 - since our anniversary is 11/11 - we'd be a family of ones!
- I did find out from my ultrasound that my placenta has completely moved, so no worries of a C-section right now. I wasn't too worried, since they say 90% move, and I didn't have any bleeding.
- My family threw me a baby shower a little over a week ago, and it was so much fun. I got some really cute things - this baby is going to be very well dressed!! I'm working on getting her room done - hopefully it will be painted and set up in the next 2 weeks so I can take inventory and figure out what else I need. My plan is to be completely prepared by the end of the year, so that I can just relax when the beginning of the year is here and just wait for her to come!!
- The above picture was taken this morning before my doctor appointment. I feel so huge! I can't imagine what I'm going to look like in 6-8 more weeks before she comes. I think she's out of room already! But no stretch marks on the belly so far. I'm really hoping it stays that way, but realistically, I know I'll probably end up with some. Oh well, it's not like I go around wearing belly shirts or anything!!
- I've had a pretty uneventful pregnancy so far, which is a good thing. I'm so glad I'm not working right now, because I'm starting to get extremely uncomfortable, and I can't imagine sitting at a desk for 7-8 hours every day at this point. I admire those who do/have!