Saturday, February 21, 2009

Newborn Photo

I know I am a bad blogger. But here is my problem - I have a child that does not like to be put down. She eats pretty much every 2 hours during the day, but then in between, even when she falls asleep, she'll last about 10-15 minutes of being in her bed or swing before she starts screaming. And she won't let up until I hold her. Every day it's getting a bit better, but in the mean time, I'm not even keeping my house clean, much less having much time for the computer. I finally downloaded a ton of pictures, so hopefully I'll get some more posts up.

This picture is now a few weeks old. I stole this idea from a blog that I blog stalk on. She started making these onesies for her son on his monthly "birthdays" and I fell in love with the idea. She is much better at it, and her photos are way better than mine, but I still thought I'd give it a try. And I needed to post this because Abby will be turning a month old next week and it will be time for a new picture!

This was taken the day after we got home from the hospital, and Abby was not loving having her picture taken at this moment. Hopefully at her 1 month mark we'll get some happy pictures!! And I have to laugh because this was a 0-3 month onesie that I used, and she is just swimming in it. In fact, even though she was already 9 lbs at her 2 week appointment, she is just now starting to fit into some of her 0-3 month clothes. I don't know who decides how to size baby clothes, but I'm convinced now that they are not right!!

Oh, and story on the sticker on her leg - when we were in the hospital, she kept kicking off the ID tags on her legs. One night, she kicked them off, but I didn't really think twice about it. They came in to take her to have her jaundice test and pku at 3am that morning, and I didn't think about the tags until she had been gone for quite some time. When they brought her back, I found out that since she didn't have her tags, they had to go around to every baby in the hospital to match the baby to mom. And Abby got her tag stuck to her leg. I felt so bad!! But at least I know I have the right baby - although I'm sure I would have noticed if the baby had been mixed up. I couldn't get that tag off of her leg for almost 2 weeks!

4 comments:

Jenny May McKim said...

Those Onesies are really cute.
How did you do it???
I will have lots of time while
the twins are in the NICU to be
creative and to make sure I am
plenty busy!

She really is so sweet!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

What a cute idea!
(That blog is super cute too.. what amazing pictures!!)
I cant wait to see her in her onesies as she grows up..

Have you tried getting a front carrier?? Not a sling.. but a carrier?? Miles LOVES his.. and even though I still cant get a ton done while he's in it, it gives me arms a little bit of a break. He's a 15 minute napper too!! :)

Abby said...

What a cute idea! I take Cash's picture every month in the same onesie to see how much he has grown. (And that's a lot. My little bug is a big boy now!)

The sleeping will get better. Cash waited 3 months to sleep through the night, but we never looked back. I'm sure Abby will do great one day soon!

Cassie said...

What an adorable idea! She's going to be a month old tomorrow, isn't she? Unreal. She's precious.