Friday, February 27, 2009

1 Month

I can't believe my little girl is 1 month old today!! It seems like just yesterday that I was talking to her in my belly, begging her to come out and join the world. And wow - how time flies.
We celebrated with a photo shoot in her 1 month onesie. I'm so glad she was good - so good that I took over 100 pictures!! I had a hard time choosing just one or two, so it's photo overload today!
So, at one month, Abby:
  • loves staring at the ceiling. Her favorite thing to look at is the ceiling fan, whether it is moving or not. She also love staring out the window.
  • she is starting to smile a lot more. She has always been a smiler since birth, but in the last week, she smiles more and I can even sometimes get her to smile back at me!
  • is still very dependent. I thought we'd have a very independent child since both Josh and I are very independent, but she does not like being put down or left alone. I can sometimes steal 15 minutes while she is in her swing or her bouncer, but if she is awake, she doesn't stay content for any longer than that unless she is in my arms.
  • is still an amazing eater. During the day, it's rare for her to go longer than 2 hours without crying for her next meal. During the night, we usually go 3 to 4 hours, but luckily, she always falls right back to sleep after eating. I haven't felt sleep deprived yet!
  • is getting sooo chubby! But I guess that's what happens when you are such a good eater!
  • has hair that sticks up like crazy. I had to wet it down before we took pictures, but usually, it's just sticking up all over the place!
  • likes to be sung to. I need to learn more lullabies, because sometimes, rocking her and singing to her is the only way to calm her down. I'm glad no one can hear me most of the time, though, because I usually just end up making up my own songs!!
  • has been to church for 2 weeks now, and even though I love 9am church, I don't think she's too keen on it. We've had to sit in the lobby because I end up having to walk around with her the whole time to keep her quiet.
  • is the cutest thing I could ever imagine!! I seriously could sit and look at her all day long. I can't believe how much she has already changed in 1 month!
After our photo shoot, daddy picked up Abby, and I just had to snap a few more pictures. I love my family!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Deborah....I seriously can not stand how cute she is! what a beautiful, adorable, sweet, precious, little girl....honestly...so so so cute. what cute pictures! that one of josh w/ her is so sweet! love you!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

Look how big she's getting! She's just like Miles in way that they dont look like newborns.. she looks so grown up! I love your onesie idea..She is SOO cute!! :)
I cant believe that you dont feel sleep deprived! You're so lucky..
And oh.. my favorite song ever to make up words to is.. umm.. i dont know how to spell it.. please hold while i google...Frère Jacques (that was a tough google!) Our favorites are..
Mommy loves you
Mommy loves you
yes she does
yes she does
Mommy loves her baby
Mommy loves her baby
so so much
so so much
and then i repeat with Daddy then puppy...

or..
Go to sleep now
Go to sleep now
Little one
Little one
Mommy's very tired
Mommy's very tired
Go to sleep
Go to sleep.

I'm telling you.. its endless! Its the best so ever for made up words!

Syndi said...

I wish I could just squeeze her! she is adorable.

Jenny May McKim said...

I just can't get over how cute she is.
I love those onesies.
I just want to pick her up and cuddle
her from the photos.
Happy you are not sleep deprived.
Lucky you!!

Abby said...

This is the first time we've got a really good look at her, and she's ADORABLE.

And I make up songs ALL the time. They just love to hear us sing no matter what it is!

And what is it with ceiling fans? I can still keep Cash occupied while I'm getting ready by putting him on our bed to watch the fan go round and round and round ....

Cassie said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! She really has gotten so big already -- yay for your good little eater!

Have you seen the movie Waitress? My favorite lullaby to sing to Andrew comes from that movie; it's called "Baby Don't You Cry (The Pie Song)." It's by Quincy Coleman if you want to look it up on iTunes. I like Ryley's little song though, too!

~ Mon said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

~Monica
(Karen's Daughter in law)

TheKeilShpeel said...

I love those onsies.. she's beautiful.