Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vacation Day 7 & 8

Day 7

August 4th, 2008

Ahhh, it is coming to an end. It's always sad to have a vacation end.

This day was pretty uneventful. So uneventful that I didn't even take a single picture that day. Not one.

We got up, got ready and packed, and headed out. Drove to Reno. Checked into the same hotel. Had dinner at Carl's Jr. (Thank goodness no Denny's this time!) Went back to the hotel, went to sleep.

That's all.

Day 8

August 8th, 2009

Josh and I were feeling a little lazy - I'm sure he was tired of all the driving, so we did end up sleeping in a little bit. But when I say sleeping in, I mean getting up at 6am because that is when Abbi got up, and just lounging around the hotel room. I think we headed out at about 11am.

Abbi and her faces - keeping us entertained!

The drive back to Utah was quicker than the drive to Reno 8 days earlier, thank goodness. It seemed like the whole state of Nevada had road construction on the way out, but on the way back, it was only half of the state. We drove, and drove, and drove. Abbi kept Marilyn and I entertained with her noises and faces. She really was so good in the car - better than I ever expected! Stopped in Wendover for some food. (Wow - it's been a long time since I've been to Wendover, but that place is really a dump!) Then we drove some more.

This was Max for the majority of the time in the car. On my lap. My legs were numb by the end of this trip!

We hit a pretty strong rain storm as we were driving past the Salt Lake, and
I was super glad Josh didn't let me drive when I volunteered after the stop in Wendover.

We made it back into town, dropped off Mike and Marilyn as Abbi was about to throw a temper tantrum because it was just past her time to eat. We quickly drove home, threw all the suitcases on the floor, and fed Abbi. We were home. Back to familiar surroundings. It's always good to get home after being gone so long, but it's always hard to say goodbye to such a fun vacation.

My favorite things about this vacation (in no particular order):

**Seeing and being reminded of what a beautiful world God gave us. It sure is amazing. From the ocean to the river to the lake and everything in between - we are so lucky to get to experience it all.

**Hearing my husband reminisce about trips from his childhood. And having his parents tell stories of those same trips.

**Seeing my husband interact with his parents. And with his daughter. And even with Max.

**Watching Abbi experience her first real vacation. I know she won't remember any of it, and it probably wasn't a big deal to her, but it was still great to spend that time together as a family.

**Falling in love with Josh all over again. Not that we had fallen out of love or anything like that, but sometimes, when you get caught up in the day to day, you don't stop to really look at your partner and remember just how lucky and blessed you are. It takes getting away from the normal and spending that time together to be reminded sometimes.

I am so lucky and so blessed!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I have loved hearing about your vacation!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. That first face of Abbi's is priceless!