We celebrated with a photo shoot in her 1 month onesie. I'm so glad she was good - so good that I took over 100 pictures!! I had a hard time choosing just one or two, so it's photo overload today!
So, at one month, Abby:
- loves staring at the ceiling. Her favorite thing to look at is the ceiling fan, whether it is moving or not. She also love staring out the window.
- she is starting to smile a lot more. She has always been a smiler since birth, but in the last week, she smiles more and I can even sometimes get her to smile back at me!
- is still very dependent. I thought we'd have a very independent child since both Josh and I are very independent, but she does not like being put down or left alone. I can sometimes steal 15 minutes while she is in her swing or her bouncer, but if she is awake, she doesn't stay content for any longer than that unless she is in my arms.
- is still an amazing eater. During the day, it's rare for her to go longer than 2 hours without crying for her next meal. During the night, we usually go 3 to 4 hours, but luckily, she always falls right back to sleep after eating. I haven't felt sleep deprived yet!
- is getting sooo chubby! But I guess that's what happens when you are such a good eater!
- has hair that sticks up like crazy. I had to wet it down before we took pictures, but usually, it's just sticking up all over the place!
- likes to be sung to. I need to learn more lullabies, because sometimes, rocking her and singing to her is the only way to calm her down. I'm glad no one can hear me most of the time, though, because I usually just end up making up my own songs!!
- has been to church for 2 weeks now, and even though I love 9am church, I don't think she's too keen on it. We've had to sit in the lobby because I end up having to walk around with her the whole time to keep her quiet.
- is the cutest thing I could ever imagine!! I seriously could sit and look at her all day long. I can't believe how much she has already changed in 1 month!