Wednesday, September 30, 2009

8 Months



I'm a few days late this month. It seems like the older Abbi gets, the more fun I have with taking her pictures because she has such a personality. But then it takes so much time to go through them all, that I end up posting several days after the month mark!

This month wasn't as huge as last month, but she is still growing and learning like crazy!

At 8 months, Abbi:



  • Loves to make faces. Her favorite ones right now - blowing her lips and fish face. I don't know where she learned the fish face, but just started doing it out of the blue one day. Now we just have to just say "fish face" and she'll usually do it for us! The cutest thing ever.
  • Started the month hating solids, but ended the month loving them! Her favorite is still sweet potatoes and she still hates anything with a texture. Which has made giving her homemade baby food quite a challenge.
  • New foods she tried this month - bananas, pears, carrots and peas.



  • Still has so much baby fat, which I love! Especially those knees - what other time in your life are knees that are that chubby so cute?
  • Crawls faster than you would believe. (Which is one reason I'm surprised she still has so much baby fat!) If I look away, I may have to go searching for her since she moves so fast.
  • Is really good at both getting up and getting down. In fact, she now has it figured out how to bend her knees down so that she can pick things up while she is standing.



  • Will stick everything and anything in her mouth. I can't leave her in the grass and we can't leave the dog food on the floor anymore. I can't tell you how many times I had to fish dog food out of her mouth. (Gross!!) Now poor Max doesn't have a food dish on the floor all day!
  • Loves to play with everything she's not supposed to play with. She would rather play with anything that is not a toy, and she is quickly learning the word "no".
  • Still loves to say "ba-ba-ba" but that's about it. I keep trying to teach her "mama" and "dada" but she's not saying them yet.



  • Is really good at picking things up. She can pull a single blade of grass or pick one small little thing up off the floor. And she manages to find every little thing on the floor - I have to be very careful to keep things picked up!
  • Still only has her two bottom teeth. She's really been acting like she's teething lately, though, so I won't be surprised if a few more come through this next month.
  • Loves to give big, wet kisses. It's mostly just her opening her mouth wide open and sticking it on your face, though! I love them, except for when she decides to bite down. Those little teeth are sharp!



  • Knows who mommy and daddy are. And I think she has it figured out that mommy is the one to go to for comfort and daddy is the one to go to for fun. I'd like to think that I am fun too, but I sure to love our snuggle time when she wakes up in the morning or from a nap!
  • Was a really good girl for everyone who watched her while Josh was in the hospital and I was with him. Everyone said she barely made a peep, and my sister even called her an angel!
  • 2 new tricks she learned this month - clapping and bouncing. All you have to do is say "clap, clap, clap" or "boing, boing, boing" to get her going!



  • Would rather be standing than anything else. Forget changing her clothes or her diaper these days. Impossible!! Whether she is playing on the ground or in her high chair, she is always wanting to stand up.
  • I shouldn't admit to this, but she's still not sleeping through the night. I need to let her cry it out to re-train her, but I feel bad waking Josh up when it's so hard for him to sleep right now. But I told him that we are letting her cry it out 2 weeks from now - he should be sleeping better by then!



This was the hardest picture of the day to get. I think she was tired of the photos at this point, plus like I mentioned, she is impossible to keep down if she wants to stand up! I literally only took a couple of pictures of her in the chair because she kept trying to stand up!

5 comments:

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

FISH FACE??? I'm soooo in love! :)
I do fish face at Miles constantly and he just stares at me trying to figure it out. I cant wait until he gets it. His favorite new thing is to blow out his nose. If you blow out your nose to him he does it back. We love it.. (that and play indian.. but since thats not very PC we need to learn a new name for it!)
And what is it with thier super human sense of the teeny tiniest things?? Seriously,, Miles will see a hair on the carpet from across the room, take 20 minutes to wiggle his way over to it and pick it up. A HAIR! and he's that way with blades of grass too...

How's Max adjusting to not being free fed?? I am dredding that day. We've always left bowls of food out for Riddick. I think I am mostly scared because Riddick isnt the best eater and we are so scatter brained I feel like I'll forget to feed him..
We buy the fancy schmancy all natural stuff (because he wont eat anything else) and truthfully I wouldnt really even care if Miles ate it, but he's allergic to like 15 things in it! (I checked!)
Have you always free fed Max? And how is he doing with schedule feeds? Do you feed him twice or 3 times? I really have no clue where to start......

Cassie said...

That fish face has to be the cutest thing EVER, second only to her chubby knees. I can't believe she's 8 months old already!

Michelle said...

oh my gosh deborah....seriously, those are some of the cutest pictures I have ever seen. That little fish face made me laugh out loud. She is so gorgeous. I love the one of her standing on the chair too. Her little face is just to die for! I love all the pictures. Post as many as you want! because we all love them! I could just look at this post over and over because it puts such a smile on my face!

Barbara said...

Your photos are wonderful! How ever did you get her to be so patient?? She is adorable, fish face included!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

She is adoreable Deborah, I can't believe she is only a week older than Noah and ALL over the place! That is so crazy to me...I love love love her fish face, that is so cute.