Thursday, February 25, 2010

Book #12 - Shelter Me


Shelter Me
Juliette Fay

Well, the goal was 12 books in 12 months for 2010, and it looks like I hit my goal before February is even over!! I haven't read this much in a really long time, and it has actually been really nice. I had forgotten how much I like to read. And I've found myself spending less time watching tv and spending less time online, so I think it's a good thing! (Hopefully my family doesn't feel neglected, though...)

I'm really torn on this book. I really liked the style of writing, and it was nice to read a "modern" story since it seems like the last books I've been reading have all been in the future, the past, or in fantasy land. I read this book as a recommendation from another blogger, so I really didn't expect anything bad in this book. But once again - the language is horrible. And some of it is really unbelievable - like a priest using the Lord's name in vain and swearing - I'm sorry, but I just don't see that happening. It really was unnecesary. But besides the language, it was really a sad book. It is the story of a woman who loses her husband to an accident, and the struggles she faces over the year after the accident. It is a tender story, and I found myself crying many times throughout the book, probably because I found myself thinking about how I would handle it if I lost Josh. If nothing else, this book really made me grateful for what I have.

Now onto #13. I keep thinking that maybe I should slow down now that I've reached my goal, but I'm having so much fun!

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: