Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Book #7 - Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic
Sophie Kinsella

I saw this movie for the first time about a month ago. I thought it was a cute movie, so when I passed this book on the library shelf, I picked it up. But reading it, I couldn't believe how completely different it was from the movie!! The names are the same, and there are bits and pieces that are the same, but other than that, the movie and the book are so different! I know that the books and movies don't usually match completely, but I almost felt like these were two different story lines!

Once I got passed the fact that they were so different, I actually think I liked the movie better. The characters in the book weren't really that likable to me, especially Luke. The movie gave you more of that warm feeling when it was all over, where the book left you wishing that things were different. The reading was easy and it kept me entertained, and I guess the entertainment value is what you would read this book for. It does have a few swear words, which I guess I should have expected from a British chick-lit author.

I guess maybe if I read the rest of the books in the series I might fall in love with the characters, but for now, I feel like I'm left wanting for something more...

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: