Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bubbles!!


It is moments like these when I think about what life was missing before Abbi. This is pure joy. Watching your baby girl get giddy and excited over something as simple as bubbles.


You know that you are sick and tired of winter when you decide to go crazy with the bubbles inside. But regardless of the mess it made, (and the time it took to clean up afterward), it was all worth it to see this little girl squeal and chase after the bubbles.


She tried to catch them, she chased after them, and yes - she even tried to eat them. And although I'm over the snow and am ready for the spring, I find myself almost wishing for another snowstorm to see if she would react in a similar way to the snowflakes coming down around her.


I think she would have gone on for hours. It was so fun to watch the joy on her face and to see her laugh and smile at something so simple. I think I need to learn a lesson from her - to enjoy the little things more!


And yes - these were super bubbles. These things lasted forever. In fact, a couple of days later, I found a bubble that still hadn't popped stuck on the side of the fridge!


I think my little girl will now have a love affair with bubbles. I can't wait until spring and summer when we can run free in the backyard with them!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

those are great pictures!

Cassie said...

Great pictures! Andrew loves bubbles, too! And I love hearing him say "bubbles," too. Having a child really does make you appreciate the little moments, doesn't it?

Katrina said...

Just caught up on your last 12 entries. I have so enjoyed watching Abbi grow up in photos. Love her hair, it's growing so cute! She is a doll, Deborah!

Mandy said...

I love these pictures Deborah! They're so cute!

TheKeilShpeel said...

I love that you let the bubbles go in the house.. :).