Friday, October 22, 2010

Ultrasound!

What a crazy day!!

I had originally scheduled my ultrasound for Tuesday, but it was at 11am, and Josh wouldn't be able to make it because of work.  So I rescheduled for today during his lunch break.  Well, I get to work that morning, and they tell me that I had some deliveries to do.  Which would have been fine if I could have left right away.  But everything wasn't ready.  So I leave the office around 11am, hoping to get up to Salt Lake and several deliveries and still make it to my appt. at 1pm.  Well, the first delivery takes me to Woods Cross, where I can't find the place.  Come to find out, it's because they moved and we had their old address.  So I try to head back to my second place, but my mapquest directions are all wrong, and I end up lost.

Well, to make a long story short, I didn't make it to my ultrasound until 2pm.  Good thing was that there were several cancellations that day, so they were able to get me in ok.  Bad thing was that Josh still ended up missing it because he had to be back to work at 2.  :(

Everything went mostly well with the ultrasound.  He is definitely a boy, but I didn't doubt that anyway!  He wasn't being very cooperative for pictures, so the ultrasound tech never could get that perfect profile picture for me, but he is growing well and looks completely healthy, which is the most important part!  She said he was about 13 oz, so just a little bigger than the average at this age.

The only bad thing is that I once again have placenta previa, which basically means that the placenta is covering part of the cervix.  The same thing happened when I was at this stage with Abbi, but I guess most of the time the placenta will move before it's time for the baby to come.  It did with Abbi, so we are hoping for the same with this guy!  If it doesn't, then I will have to have a C-section, but since this happened before, I'm not too worried.  And it also means that I get another ultrasound in 8 weeks - so hopefully Josh will be able to come to this one!!

Here are the little guy's glamour shots.  Sorry for the x-rated ones - but he is all boy!  What a handsome little guy!







3 comments:

Cassie said...

AWESOME ultrasound photos, Deborah! It is so exciting that Abbi is going to have a little brother! :)

I'm sorry Josh couldn't make it to the ultrasound. Hopefully he can get a peek at your little man when you go back for another one in 8 weeks! I can't believe you're so far along already!

Michelle said...

love it! the "boy" shots are hilarious!

TheKeilShpeel said...

Love ultrasound pics.. Soo exciting. Definitely a boy.. I hope you are feeling well.