Friday, May 16, 2014

Miami, FL - Day 2


Above - a brand rep, Kristy from Sweet Treats and More, Carrian from Oh Sweet Basil, a brand rep, Monique from Ambitious Kitchen, me, Christy from The Girl Who Ate Everything, Maegan from The Baker Mama

I have a pretty cool job.  Some days I curse it, and some days I'm so tired from all of the late nights, but when it comes down to it, I know how blessed I am do do something that I love so much and where I get to meet so many amazing people.  And for the opportunities it gives me to travel.

Since I was in Miami for a conference, we did do some conference-ing.  Really, there weren't many classes that I was interested in, but we managed to spend a little bit of time in classes and talking to sponsors that were there.  And of course, meeting other bloggers that I've "known" online for a long time, but hadn't had the chance to meet face to face, yet.



For lunch, a group of us walked about a mile down from the hotel to a Mexican restaurant called Salsa Fiesta.  I had some delicious tacos, and several of the other girls ordered salads that looked amazing!!



These girls were my lifesavers.  They were also my roommates, and all such great friends.  I love them all!


That night, we went to a party hosted by Wisconsin Cheese that was held at a beautiful house in a swanky neighborhood. It was right on the water, and the view was amazing - which is why there are so many photos here.  You can't beat a Florida sunset, and when you are right on the water it makes it even better. I couldn't stop snapping photos.  The day had been cloudy and overcast, so I was happy that it cleared up enough to give us an amazing sunset!!




Cassie from Bake Your Day, me, Katie from Hill Country Cook


Back row: Me, Kristy from Sweet Treats and More, Annalise from Completely Delicious, Cassie from Bake Your Day, Katie from Hill Country Cook. Front Row: Megan from Wanna Be a Country Cleaver, Lauren from Climbing Grier Mountain, Erin from The Law Student's Wife, Christy from The Girl Who Ate Everything




Christy, Kristy and I left and headed over to another restaurant where Lauren from Lauren's Latest was hosting a party for Stitch Fix.  It was fun chatting with more people and eating more food.


And since we hadn't eaten quite enough, :), we walked over to the Checker's that was right across the street from the hotel for fries and milkshakes.  The milkshakes were ok, but the fries were actually pretty amazing.  The lady working there was quite a trip, though, and there were homeless people galore hanging out, so it was a little sketchy.  But it was fun!

I was more than ready for bed by the time we got back to the hotel, though!!

No comments: