Saturday, May 17, 2014

Miami Florida - Day 3


Day 3 was a full one!!  Luckily, we woke up to clear skies.  I was afraid it was going to be overcast and rainy the whole time I was in Miami!!

The morning was spent going to classes and hanging out and chatting.


For lunch, I went out with the PR reps from a company that I work with, Jones Dairy Farm, and a few other bloggers that they work with.  We went to a place called Swine that was probably the highlight of the food that I ate on the trip.  I had a BLT Benedict - Homemade buttermilk biscuit crumble, soft poached organic egg, house-cured bacon, cherry tomato salad, frisee and Hollandaise.  It was seriously amazing.  The bacon was melt in your mouth good.  I would love to try to recreate this recipe!!




After lunch, we went to a few more classes, and then got ready for the closing party.  There was a bus that took us to a restaurant where they had hors d'oeuvres and really loud music. :)  The food was not very good.  But Ree Drummond - aka The Pioneer Woman was a host so I got to meet her.  I'll admit that I was a bit awkward because I didn't know what to say. ;)


Since the party was pretty much a bust, we headed out with a big group of people and decided to find a place for dinner.  The concierge at the hotel recommended City Hall, so we all headed down.



Dinner was great, and after, we headed back over to the penthouse for warm chocolate chip cookies from Morgan's Restaurant and some girl talk.  I don't even remember the conversation that we had, but I remember that we laughed a lot.  I don't get enough girl time, so it was a lot of fun.  And the view is pretty killer!!




No comments: