Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Musings

  • First and foremost - the most exciting news of the day! Some of you know, but Josh has been looking for a new job. After sending out many resumes, he found one job that he was really excited about and really wanted. It's for a company called Ingenix. I'm not exactly sure what they do, but it's something to do with selling some product to help with medical billing. I believe they are owned by United Health Care. Anyway, he went in for an interview a week ago. They were interviewing several people for 2 positions, so they told him they would call him back for a second interview if he made it through the first. Well, he got a call back, and he went in on Friday for his second interview. And we got the good news today that he got the job!!! I know many of you were praying for him, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and support. I can't tell you how much it means to me. The company is a large one, and if he works hard he'll be able to start working up in a short amount of time. If all goes as planned, I will be able to be a stay-at-home mommy, and I can't think of anything I want more! He starts training on August 11th, so he still has 2 weeks of freedom. I'll be making a list of things I want done around the house before he is a working man again!

  • I have to explain the picture above - proof that I have the most spoiled and funny dog. He sleeps in the bed with us, but he is definitely a bed hog. If he had it his way, he'd have the whole bed to himself! If one of us gets up in the morning and the other is still sleeping, he'll spread out on the side of the bed that's empty. This morning, I got up to go to the gym. When I got home, Josh came out and told me to quietly come look in the bedroom. It was still dark, but I just had to laugh seeing how he was sleeping on my side of the bed! I got the camera out and had Josh flip on the light quickly so I could take a picture. Not the best picture, but I got a good laugh out of it! (That's his feet sticking out - the rest of him is burrowed under the covers!)
  • Speaking of the gym, I really need to get my gym mojo going again. We used to work out 6 mornings a week. Then we cut down to 5, taking Saturdays off so that we could do yard work all morning. But the last week or 2, I've been down to 3 days. Ugh. I'm just so tired, but I know I feel better when I work out and it's better for my pregnant body. So this week, I'm committing to 5 days! It's hard because I've been going by myself because Josh's knee has been so bad, but I guess I have to get used to it since he's going back to work!
  • We've had our kitchen cabinet doors up for a few weeks now. I need to take pictures and post, but we need to put handles up still. I have them picked out, but we've been waiting for Josh to go back to work until we bought them. That will be one of the chores I have for Josh, and then I'll post some pictures!
  • Josh got called to be a teacher in Primary yesterday. He was so excited yesterday morning, but after church, he commented on how this was going to teach him patience! He's cute, though, because he's started a list with all kinds of ideas and things that he wants to do for his class. Before I got called into Young Women's, I was really hoping we'd get called into primary together, but it will be good for him.
  • Also church related - it looks like October will probably be the month that we will be sealed in the temple. I would push it back so we could go for our anniversary on November 11th, but I know Janell is due just before that, and I want to make sure all of my family is there. Josh will be ordained an Elder at the next Stake Conference at the end of September. (on a side note, I never knew that you had to be ordained at a stake conference...) We start temple prep classes in 2 weeks - this is a very exciting time for us!
Ok, I think that's all for now. It seems like I have tons to say one day, then nothing for weeks... I guess that's the story of my life!

5 comments:

Janell said...

Yippee for Josh!! I was thinking about calling you today to find out what was going on...glad I checked you blog! Tell him we said Congrats and we wish him the best :) And if he could pass on his primary list, that would be great. We're having a hard time keeping our 7 boys in line! As for your dog...what a nut!!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

We could probably compete for the most spoiled dog!! Your dog is hillarious though!!! :)
I'm glad your hubby found a great job.. now if i can only find one for mine! I so want to be able to stay at home, but right now I make most of the money! In fact I will probably only get to stay home 2-3 weeks with my baby.. :(
I really hope that works out for you!
Good job with even working out that much.. the only exercise I get it walking to the bathroom 6,000 times a day! :)
Oh.. and that is VERY exciting about your husband. And for the whole ordaning thing.. My sister in law and Brother in law just had a baby in May. He was ordained an Elder on Fast Sunday right before he blessed his baby. I dont know if they made an exception for him so he could bless their baby.. but I have never heard of that only being done in stake conference (But then again I've only been a member for 2 years!) They are planning to get sealed in September or October! I'm very excited for you guys! You'll be soooo happy! Work hard..and remember that its right before something good that things get REALLY hard!

Ashley said...

Thanks, I love comments too! :) That is a hilarious picture of your dog! I want a dog so bad. What kind of dog is he? And congratulations on getting sealed in the temple, you must be really excited! :)

The Waite Family said...

I'm so happy for you it sound like such a great exciting time in your life with a new job for Josh a new baby (yeah) and getting sealed to each other forever, can't beat that!! have a great day

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

How funny is that picture!?! It gave me a good chuckle to start the week off with. I found your blog in a kinda round about way (clicking on friends of friends and so on) and I'm glad I did - I needed a good laugh. BTW, congrats on the baby, I'm just a couple of weeks ahead of you (17weeks w/#4!) and congrats on your upcoming sealing. Sounds like a lot of wonderful and exciting things are happening in your life :)