Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Lots of food & Marilyn carving the turkey

The day started out at Josh's parent's house. Lots of food. Lots of it. Turkey and all the trimmings.

Some of the spread

We stuffed ourselves silly, then spent some time hanging out with family. All his family was there except one brother and his family.

Some of the desserts - Camryn & Kaleb enjoying pie

After a few hours at home to rest and make room for pie, we headed up to Kacy's house. Man, does my family know how to do dessert or what!?! I know I counted how many desserts there were, but now I don't remember. Raspberry cream pie, pecan pie, caramel pecan pie, pumpkin cake, lemon meringue pie, apple pie... The list went on and on. But everyone enjoyed it!

One of the few pictures of me on here. I know I look sexy!


Amy looking for a great deal!

Some people spent time looking through the ads for Black Friday shopping the next day. I'm not one of those people. I'll gladly pass on the crowds!

Brooklyn & a very tired looking Abbi


The kids making bird feeders

Kacy kept the kids busy part of the time by making bird feeders. Since Abbi is addicted to cheerios, she was in heaven when she found one of those bird feeders on the floor later and started to eat the cheerios off of the pipe cleaner!

My incredibly hot husband :)

Abbi & Grandpa Mitchell

Play - complete with Thanksgiving Indians

The night ended (for us) with a play by Mykenna, Brooklyn and Megan. I remember doing plays like that when I was their age - how funny! Our little family headed home after that because it was way past Abbi's bedtime. I hear we missed some fun games, but I can't wait for next time!

What a great Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

The pictures of food are making me DROOL. It looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Michelle said...

how fun. I love your family.