Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Week of Thanks - Day 3

#11 - My Religion

Draper, Utah LDS Temple
Photo Credit

This one really should have gone way up at the top. But it's one of those things that is hard to put into words. My beliefs, my testimony, and especially the temple. The one place where I can always find true peace. I would be lost without all of it, and I'm so grateful to have it in my life.

#12 - A House
Hmmm, seems I don't have any recent pictures of our house. This was from when we were first doing everything. So glad the hard parts are over!

In a time where people are losing their houses left and right, I'm so grateful for our home. I know I often complain that it is too small, on too busy of a street, and there is still so much left to do to finish it, but I really do love our home. This was the first home Josh & I owned together, the home we took our first born home to, and so many memories have been made here. One day when we do move on, I know I'll look back on this house with fond memories.

#13 - Books

My baby and her books

I love to read. I always have. I know that I don't do it nearly enough these days, and I'm wanting to change that. But I love that I love to read. And I want to share that with my daughter. I love that a book can transport you to a different place, and that your imagination is way better than any movie ever will be.

#14 - Music


I just love this song - never get sick of it!

I don't listen to music nearly as much as I used to, and I realized the other day just how much I miss it. Since I'm not sitting at a desk all day and not in my car very often, I just don't get to listen to it very often. But I do love how it can bring out emotions and feelings, and how it can bring back memories and create new ones. I was in the kitchen earlier today while the tv was on in the other room, and a song came on a tv show that brought back all kinds of memories from when Josh & I were dating - from the first moments when I realized that I loved him. I love that music can bring back those feelings so vividly.

#15 - My Camera

An oldie, but a goodie!

I know I already used photography as my passion, but there is another side of it that is even more important. The memories. Whether you take a fabulous picture or a horrible one, they are all important because of the memories that are captured. I often think about how grateful I am that I live in the day and age of the digital camera. You don't have to worry about the costs of film or developing and you can snap away until your heart is content. I hope that every moment of my children's lives are captured so that they will always have those memories. My camera is definitely not the newest and the greatest model, but the memories that are being captured are what really matters!

No comments: