Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Week of Thanks - Day 4

Today's items are what a friend called "simple pleasures"!

#16 - DVR



How did we live before DVR?? I seriously hardly ever watch "live" tv anymore. I love DVR for so many reasons:
  • No commercials
  • Pause button. SO helpful when you have a baby!
  • Rewind button. I rely on this one so much that I find myself wishing I could rewind when I'm in the car listening to the radio!
  • Can you remember the day of the video tapes to record something? Now I can record all my favorites and they are right at my fingertips!

#17 - Cell Phones

Ok, so I'm one of those people who used to say I didn't want a cell phone. But now, I - like probably 95% of people, can't live without mine. What a luxury to be able to call someone whenever you need to! We don't even have a home phone because it's just not worth it!

#18 - Internet

I probably waste too much time online, but I couldn't live without it! Although it is full of all kinds of bad things, there are also so many good things about it. Like blogging. I know some people probably see it as a waste of time, but this is my journal. I can already look back to a year ago and remember things that would have been forgotten otherwise.

#19 - Sonic



My guilty pleasure. It's a real treat for me when I can stop by and get a drink. I don't do it very often, but I love their drinks! Diet Coke with cherry and vanilla, please.

#20 - "Reality" TV



I'm almost embarrassed to mention this one!! But I do have my favorites! When the tv is on, it's tuned to one of these channels 80% of the time. I guess I shouldn't be too embarrassed, because although I have some trashy reality tv that I watch, (like all the Housewives), I do love to watch the good stuff too. Like House Hunters. Don't know why, but I'm totally addicted to that show lately!

No comments: