Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Book #10 - The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
C.S. Lewis

Blurb When Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy took their first steps into the world behind the magic wardrobe, little do they realise what adventures are about to unfold. And as the story of Narnia begins to unfold, so to does a classic tale that has enchanted readers of all ages for over half a century.  (From Goodreads)

Opening Sentence:  "Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy."

Length: Short - 189 pages

Notes:  I almost feel like a cheater - reading this book for my challenge for 2011.  But...  I didn't have a book to read, and I own this book.  The reason I feel like a cheater?  I think I have read it before, but just didn't realize it.  Or maybe I started it once upon a time...I don't know.  But a lot of it was really familiar to me!  Regardless, it was a great book.  I know there is all kinds of symbolism through it - some of which I caught, and I'm sure most of which I missed.  I'd like to do some deeper studying sometime just about the symbolism.  But even without taking it to that deeper level, it's an entertaining book!

Random quote:  "Once a King in Narnia, always a King in Narnia. But don't go trying to use the same route twice. Indeed, don't try to get there at all. It'll happen when you're not looking for it. And don't talk too much about it even among yourselves. And don't mention it to anyone else unless you find that they've had adventures of the same sort themselves. What's that? How will you know? Oh, you'll know all right. Odd things, they say-even their looks-will let the secret out. Keep your eyes open. Bless me, what do they teach them at these schools."

Recommend: yes


Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: