Monday, February 21, 2011

Book #11 - Pollyanna



Pollyanna
Eleanor Porter


Blurb When orphaned 11-year-old Pollyanna comes to live with austere and wealthy Aunt Polly, her philosophy of gladness brings happiness to her aunt and other members of the community, somewhat to their surprise.  (From Goodreads)

Opening Sentence:  "Miss Polly Harrington entered her kitchen a little hurriedly this June morning."

Length: Short - 192 pages

Notes:  Pollyanna is one of my all-time favorite movies.  I've seen it dozens of times.  And I love it more every time I see it.  Which is why I wanted to read this book.  Well, maybe I've seen the movie too many times, because honestly - I liked the movie better.  I was actually surprised at how many differences there were between the movie and the book - although that is usually how it goes.  I'm sure I would have loved this book if I hadn't seen the movie before, though, so I can't really judge.  It still was a cute book and a good story!

Random quote:  "Oh, but Aunt Polly, Aunt Polly, you haven't left me any time at all just to- to live."

Recommend: yes



Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: