Sunday, February 6, 2011

Book #8 - Linger


Linger
Maggie Stiefvater

Blurb In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.  (From Goodreads)

Opening Sentence:  "This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl that was becoming one."

Length: Medium - 360 pages

Notes:  This is the second in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.  I liked the first book, and I liked this second book.  The biggest complaint is the same with both of them.  This is the first YA book I've read this year, yet it talked the most about sex.  Go figure.  Nothing graphic, but these are high school students.  Call me crazy, but if Abbi was a teenager, I wouldn't want her reading a book that even suggests to pre-marital sex - especially while still in high school.  But besides that, I actually really enjoyed this book.  I totally didn't predict the ending, although looking back afterwards, I felt like I really should have seen what was going to happen.  Maybe I'll blame it on pregnancy brain!!  The end of this book is totally left open for the next book in the series, that doesn't come out until July.  I really should start waiting to read these series books until the whole series is out!!

Random quote"This is a love story. I never knew there were so many kinds of love or that love could make people do so many different things. I never knew there were so many ways to say good-bye."

Recommend: yes


Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: