Thursday, March 3, 2011

38 Weeks 3 Days

This little guy is playing tricks on me!!  I really thought that this previous Sunday would be the day.  I had been having regular contractions all day.  This is the first time they were actually consistent and regular.  They got stronger as the day went on, and I even called my mom to make sure she had her phone on her in case I needed to call her that night.  But of course, as I laid down to go to bed, they got further apart until they went away all together.  Such a disappointment!

Today was my doctor's appointment.  I went in with really high hopes, especially because of all of the contractions I've been having.  So imagine my disappointment when he checked me and I was still at a 2 and 70% effaced.  The same.  Again.  He stripped my membranes - which hurts, but I think it wasn't as painful as when I had it done with Abbi, so only time will tell if anything will happen.  I'm beginning to think that this guy is hanging out until his due date!!

No comments: