Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book #18 - Crescendo


Crescendo
Becca Fitzpatrick


Blurb: Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but atleast she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Path hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperatly searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts. 
(From Goodreads)

Opening Sentence: "The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket."

Length: Medium - 427 pages

Notes: Ok, so my last book, I said that I just must not like the classics.  Well, now I'm saying that I must just like cheesy teen fiction, because I devoured this book.  This is the second in the series, and I read the first awhile ago, so I had a hard time remembering exactly what happened in the first book, but it mostly came back to me as I was reading.  I seriously read this in 2 days, that's how entertaining I found it!  I have the same complaints that I had with the first book - mainly that there is content in here that I don't think belongs in a "teen" book.  There is talk of sex, nothing graphic, but still - nothing I would want my teenage daughter reading.  But it was definitely a page turner for me!!

Random quote: "Being with you never felt wrong. It's the one thing I did right. You're the one thing I did right."

Recommend: yes


Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: