Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Appointment

Now I'm 38 weeks, 4 days. Officially 10 days days from my due date. And no baby still.

I had my 38 week appointment today, and unfortunately, he didn't tell me to get over to the hospital like I was hoping he would. I kept hoping I'd start having contractions this morning, so I could go straight from the doctor to the hospital, but no such luck. Still no contractions. I think she's just getting really comfortable in there.

I'm now dilated to a 3, but that's about the only progress I've made. My doctor did strip my membranes, but he said with a first child, it doesn't usually throw you into labor. He said that he is on call at the hospital this weekend, so it would be a good weekend for me to have her - I hope she's listening!!

I did make an appointment for next week, but let's hope we don't go that long. I think that they will probably schedule an induction if I do make it to my appointment next week, and I really don't want a medical induction. I'm still really optimistic about this weekend - I really do feel like she'll be here any time now!

Everyone send good thoughts my way!!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

LOTS of good thoughts coming your way, Deborah! I'm sure she IS nice and warm and cozy in there; who would want to leave THAT for snow and ice-cold winds? She's gotta come sometime, though, and this weekend seems like a great time for that!

It sounds like progress is definitely being made. If I had to make a (very uneducated) guess, I'd say she'll be here on Sunday!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Hang in there, and BEST of luck!!! First babies are known for taking their time though, so be patient. Savor your last days as a couple before you officially become mom and dad...trust me, you'll miss your alone time!!!!

But I sure do hope you get your doctor when it is time for baby....I know that's a big concern...it always was for me too.

Jenny May McKim said...

You look great!!
Such a cute baby belly!
I hope you get your wish and she comes
this weekend.. Though I a with Tiffany
and say to enjoy the last days together
as a couple before she gets here...
I can't wait to find out her name!!
Such a fun secret..

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

I've been thinking a lot about you... Hope she's here soon..

I had my membranes stripped on my last appointment that was on a monday.. I was so mad all week because nothing happened.. I didn't feel any different and I didnt want to go to my next appt. And.. I went into labor on Saturday...
So who knows!!!

Good luck... Sending lots of possitive vibes your way.... Enjoy this time.. it's pretty rough the first week.. or weeks after they get here!!

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Good luck! I know it's uncomfortable at this point, but enjoy every last minute of it. It's always nice to get baby here safe and sound, but kinda sad when you can't feel them kicking your insides around any more! Hope you have a wonderful delivery experience. Can't wait to see pics of your new little bundle!

Abby said...

Fingers crossed! I know you're just dying to get her out ... and if you are induced later that'll be okay. I was and it wasn't bad at all. (I didn't have to have picotin - so there's hope!)

kellypea said...

Hmmmm...unless you prepared ahead (and you probably did) I just read about that beautiful cake you posted yesterday, so is baby here yet? *tapping fingers...*

Unknown said...

Um, do you have a baby YET? Please come, baby, please come baby!! Good luck and Will, Rex and I are all thinking about you...especially Rex.