Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Maybe Today??

Well, no baby yet, but I really think that today might be the day. I woke up (again) at 2am with pretty bad contractions. I started timing them at 3am, thinking that if they were 5 min or less apart we would head to the hospital. Unfortunately, they stayed at between 7 and 10 minutes. I was finally able to fall back asleep around 4:30, with the occasional contraction waking me up.

I've been having contractions all morning, about 5 minutes apart, but of course, now they aren't as painful as they were last night. But they are progressively getting stronger. And my lower back has been KILLING me since last night - so bad that I can't even really bend over. I have a doctor's appointment at 11:20, and I'm pretty sure I'll be ok until then. If the doctor doesn't think I'm in labor, then I'm at least hoping we've progressed enough to get sent over to the hospital and we get a jump start.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! We don't have a laptop, but I think I should be able to update on Josh's phone, so hopefully I'll have some good news here in a few hours!

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Fingers crossed!! Keep us posted, if you're able. I'm so excited for you!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

How exciting!!! I'll be thinking about you guys..and crossing my fingers and toes for you!!
Make sure you bring all your stuff with you.. just in case.. but try not to get your hopes up too much.. or you'll be reallly bummed if they send you home..
She needs to come in January.. So she better hurry it up... :)

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Maybe!!!! How exciting! I sure hope you don't have back labor though. That was AWFUL!!!

Michelle said...

I am so sorry that you keep having all these contractions coming and going....not to make you mad, but I seriously didn't have contractions until Damon was actually on his way out....I am hoping it's today for you! good luck!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

I sure hope that you not posting is a good thing.......

but could you hurry up and update us?????????? :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see pictures of baby Abby. I'm sure she's absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

Abby said...

Abby?! Congrats! Great name choice, of course!

Michelle said...

yeah! I am patiently waiting for pictures! congratulations!

Sophie said...

I have been coming over here religiously for the past 2 days :P, can't wait to see pic! (I'm all about anything baby. :) I hope you're doing well and are enjoying being with your new bundle of joy.