Thursday, January 8, 2009

Will This Be the Last???

37 weeks and 3 days...and I'm still really hoping to go into labor this weekend, but unfortunately, my doctor says there's a chance, but it's not really likely...

I had an appointment yesterday, and everything still looks good. I only went from 1 1/2 cm dialated last week to 2 cm this week, and I'm still about 75% effaced. I asked him how far she's dropped, and he said she's at about a -2. He said that I might drop further before going into labor, or I might go into labor from here. I asked him if he thought it was possible to go this weekend, and he said anything can happen, but he's predicting that I'll make it to my next appointment but not the one after that.

In the meantime, I think I'll start some of the ways I've heard start labor, because I'm ready for this baby!! I just bought some pineapple - I've heard fresh pineapple starts labor. And this weekend, I'm making Josh take me to get a pedicure and I'm going to make them massage the heck out of my ankles!! And my youngest sister heard that drinking a cup of Olive Garden salad dressing works - she tried it a few months ago with her little boy and went into labor the next day!! Who knows if any of them will work, but it's worth a shot! I've switched at the gym from the elliptical to the treadmill, so I'm getting a good amount of walking in every day. The only problem with that is that it's hard to do anything after I walk - she feels sooo heavy for hours afterwards.

Here's to hoping for this weekend!!

7 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! And actually, those are three methods I've never heard of for inducing labor. But I never had to research them myself; my little guy was born at 37 weeks 3 days, which is EXACTLY how pregnant you are right now! So see, anything IS possible!! :o)

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Well Good luck to you...I bet you are just as excited as I am. I know what you mean about the walking thing...after I go walking or go to the gym I feel worse than when I went in! haha How does that work? Keep us posted.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Just be careful! You're still fairly early....the National OB organization doesn't even endorse inductions prior to 39 weeks without medical reason. It's always been my belief that babies come when they're good and ready :-) I know you're uncomfortable, but babies are one thing that you can't overbake :-p

I can't get over how small you still are though!! I'm going to try and post some belly shots soon. I'm only 18 weeks and I'm at least your size, if not bigger. They say it's normal when you're on #3...but I always get big anyway.

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

I'll cross my fingers for you.. but I remember what it's like to be in your position!
But beleive me when I say they are sooooooooo much easier to take care of in there!!! :)

Michelle said...

hey woman...I've never heard the pineapple thing. My friend seriously drank castor oil to go into labor. nasty! the olive garden thing is funny to me, weird! I heard of another way that worked for us (hee hee) but it might not be blog appropriate! everyone is different, so don't stress out if these silly things don't work. Its all up to that little Abby! she gets to decide!

Sophie said...

How exciting :)! I'm so happy for you all. Have a blessed 2009 with your new baby girl!

Abby said...

I'm checking here often to see if she's here. Can't wait!