Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Book #3 - Die Trying

Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2)
Lee Child

Blurb:  On a downtown sidewalk, Jack Reacher and a female FBI agent are abducted in broad daylight. The FBI is desperate to rescue the woman because the FBI always -- always -- takes care of its own. Reacher and the woman join forces, but the FBI thinks Jack is one of the kidnappers -- and will be shooting to kill.  (From Goodreads)

Opening Sentence:"Nathan Rubin died because he got brave."

Length: Long - 552 pages

Notes:  Some people read romance novels for their "guilty pleasure."  For me, it is books like this series by Lee Child.  Which is kind of weird, because there is lots of talk of guns and killing and things like that - which is normally totally  not me.  But I love these books.  They are total page turners.  And even though you know that the hero is going to be ok at the end (the series has tons of books and this is only #2), I still find myself nervous and biting my nails, waiting to see what happens. 

Random quote :"I don't know why he's there, but I promise you he's clean, and he's going to do what needs doing, or he's going to die trying.

Recommend: yes

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: