Sunday, January 30, 2011

Looking Back

One of my most successful New Year's resolutions for 2010 was to take a picture of Abbi every day.  Every Friday, I posted the last 7 photos.  I've tried these 365-projects before, but have always failed.  But then again, I have never had such a specific subject.  And being totally honest, there were a few times that I cheated.  I know that I accidentally deleted one day, and I forgot a couple of other days, but I made up for them the next day.  So I have 365 pictures of Abbi from 2010.

Now that the project is over, and now that I haven't had to worry about taking a picture every day, I have to admit - I really miss it.  I know it's not logical or feasible to take a picture of her every day of her life, but these 365 pictures have really come to mean so much to me.  I have them as my screen saver on my computer, and I stop multiple times a day, just to watch her face changing.  I can't believe how much change can happen over a year!!

And now that I've had a month to look back on last year, I have realized just how much these pictures mean to me.  Some of them were good, some of them were bad - but regardless, every single one of them means so much to me.  And I know they will mean even more to me as the years go by.  Some have stories, and some don't, but I love that a simple photograph can touch me so much.  So if you are contemplating doing something like this, I totally recommend it!!

I wanted to do some sort of photo collage, but 365 photos - that's a lot of pictures!!  So, if you really want to see just how a little girl grows over a year, I put together a little video.  I know I've already watched it multiple times and cried - I blame it on pregnancy hormones!!


Untitled from Deborah Harroun on Vimeo.

And for 2011... Well, I've already decided that I want to do a picture a day for the little guy when he is born for the first year of his life. But for Abbi, I'm not committing myself to anything, but I have realized how important these "every day" pictures have been to me. So at the end of each month, I'll post all the pictures I have from that month. There might be 5, there might be 25 - no restrictions, I just want to make sure I'm still taking pictures and recording her life!

1 comment:

Jenny May McKim said...

OH how I wish I would have taken the time to do something like this with the photos.. it was beautiful Deb.. Great job really! I need to leave my camera out more to take more photos!