Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Ok, I know that if I don't write down my resolutions, I will either forget them or I will not follow through with them.  I decided to keep it simple - and divide just a few goals into a few categories.  And this is what I came up with!

Personal - Organization!!  I'm not a clean freak by any means, but I start to get anxiety when things are a huge mess.  Which is one reason why my house is driving me crazy lately.  It's not a huge house, so there's not a lot of spaces to get super unorganized, but I want to get rid of all the clutter and make it a little easier to keep up on things.  I figure if I take a room a month, I can go through each area of the house and declutter/organize/deep clean 2 times through the year.  Up first - the worst!  The storage room/office that is becoming baby boy's room.  This is definitely the scariest!

Spiritual - Both Josh and I have made the goal to read the Book of Mormon through this year.

Physical - Be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by Christmas.  Hopefully before that!

Relationship - Ok, so Josh and I are total homebodies.  But I want to make sure we are working on our relationship, especially with another baby coming.  It's so easy to let the kids take over your life and to put your relationship on the back burner.  So I am making a goal of at least 1 date night a month - just me and Josh.  We also want to make sure we are going out to do something fun as a family at least once a month.

I think all my goals are pretty obtainable - here's to a great 2011!!

No comments: