Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!


My father’s feet will lead me
in paths I know are right.
My father’s knees will bend with mine
as we say prayers at night.
My father’s lap will hold me
when I need a place to rest.
And when I’m sad, I like to lay
my head upon his chest.
My father’s hands are big and strong,
and they work hard for me.
My father’s arms can lift me up
so I may better see.
My father’s lips will speak to me
with words of truth each day.
My father’s ears will listen
to the things I have to say.
I like to sit so very still
and look into his eyes.
I know he understands me,
and he is good and wise.
I’m glad I have a father
who guides me with his love.
He helps me better understand
my Father up above.

Barbara J. Porter, “My Father,”

Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers out there!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

That's such a beautiful poem! I hope Josh had a wonderful Father's Day :-)