Monday, June 1, 2009

Joining the Masses

I think I'm one of the very few people who has not read the Twilight series. I just haven't had any time to read lately, and I really never felt like I was missing out.

Then we had a girl's night out last weekend. My sisters, mom and sister in law all went to dinner, then most of us headed over to Kacy's to watch Twilight in her theater room. I had no expectations for the movie. I hadn't read the book, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed in that respect - but I've heard that you either love or hate the movie.

I liked it. There were cheesy parts, but it was entertaining. I thought it would end there. But then I couldn't stop thinking about it - thinking that I want to know what happens next. So I broke down and bought Twilight while I was out shopping today. (Yeah, I could have checked it out from the library, but they are all checked out and I really didn't want to have to wait for it. I'm impatient like that!)

I'm guessing I won't read through it in 2 days like a lot of people, (I just don't have the time). But soon I will be able to join the Twilight masses!!

6 comments:

The Waite Family said...

I am so excited for you, but really it will be all you think about, for some reason it sucks you in and won't let go. The movie was cheesy but you'll just have to think of a different Edward and you'll be ok.

Michelle said...

I was the same way...it took me a long time to give in and read all the books...it was too "trendy" of a thing...but then i needed a new book to read, and I like reading series of books, because when I finish one book, I already know what I'm going to read next. I wasn't a "stay up all night" reader either...but I did read them faster than I usually would...it helps that they are easy to read. Enjoy!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

I'm kinda with you on this.. I had no desire to read it or watch the movie. But aaron really wanted to see it .. (weird huh??) so we watched it a couple weekends ago and I am kinda feeling the same way as you, I'd like to know what happens next.. I dont know that I'll go out and buy the books.. but I do want to see the next movie! :)

Cassie said...

Oh, the movie. It was definitely cheesy, but such a guilty pleasure for me (I have it on DVD, I admit it). I think you'll like the books better. And I guarantee that once you start reading them, you won't be able to stop until you're done!

Abby said...

My sister started the first book last week at the beach. She hated it at first, but by the end of the trip she was hooked. I guess I'll have to borrow it! (Her husband works at Borders so SCORE for us on that front.)

Also. Do you make Abbi's monthly onesies with photoshop? I read the instructions and thought they were too much for me to follow, plus I don't own PS.

I can't believe I'm asking this. As if I've already decided to have another baby! (But C. is a year old in six weeks! Yikes.)

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I am glad you liked it...there are totally cheesy parts but I still loved it. I can't wait for New Moon! PS. I am doing the baby wise thing with Noah this week and wondered if you could give me a few pointers before I start?!? I am totally nervous that I will do it wrong! email me...
melissa.stockhoff@gmail.com