Thursday, May 28, 2009

4 Months


How is it that I can't remember my life pre-Abbi - like she's always been with us - but at the same time, I can't believe she's already 4 months old?? My little girl is growing up so fast!

This past month has definitely been my favorite so far. Her little personality is really starting to show, and she is so much fun!


At 4 months, Abbi:

  • Is finally on a 3 hour schedule, and is much happier this way!! She eats, then plays for about an hour, then has an hour and a half to sleep.
  • She doesn't always sleep for that hour and a half, but usually goes 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. I'm happy if she hits the 1 hour mark.
  • Is sleeping so much better!
  • Is actually sleeping in her crib like a big girl.

  • Is rolling over like a champ. She's been rolling over since just before her 3 month mark, but now she will barrel roll all over the place. I guess it's her mode of transportation until she starts crawling!
  • Loves to smile and laugh. She really is a happy girl!
  • Is getting quite big. We go to the doctor in the morning, so I will fill in her height and weight upon our return. (But I know she's a big girl - you can tell from those rolls!)
  • Wants to grow up too fast. She's already trying to get her knees up underneath her and I'm afraid she's going to be crawling much sooner than I want!
  • Loves to suck on EVERYTHING! From blankets to toys to mine and her daddy's fingers...
  • But her favorite is her thumb. She falls asleep every time with her thumb in her mouth. Good news is that I won't have to break her from a pacifier, bad news is that I have no control over the thumb...
  • Is still fascinated with her hands, but is also now fascinated with her feet. It's not uncommon to find her with both feet in her hands when she is on the floor. And she even tries to suck on her feet sometimes!
  • Is a stomach sleeper. I was paranoid at first, but everyone tells me that since she can roll over and lift her head, there is nothing to worry about. But it still doesn't stop me from checking in on her quite often!
  • In fact, she prefers to be on her belly during the day as well. I put her down on her back, and usually within seconds she is over on her belly.


  • Is going through a phase where she won't let anyone hold her but her mom and dad. She has let very few people hold her this past month. Hopefully she'll be over that soon!
  • Isn't sleeping through the night every night, but does about half the time. But it's getting better all the time!

And here is the monthly chair picture. She's almost sitting up completely by herself these days . Does anyone know of a way to stop time so my little girl stops growing up?!?


And this is how you know the photo shoot is over and it's time to put the camera away!

Look how big I'm getting!!

10 comments:

Jenny May McKim said...

I can't believe how cute she is. I can't wait to meet her the end of July/August... She really is just so adorable!

Michelle said...

seriously can't get over how gorgeous she is...good thing you don't ever get sick of hearing that - because if you did...i'd be the most annoying friend ever! I love her big flower -headband. She is seriously breathtaking....so so so cute!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

WOW! It's so not fair that they keep growing huh???
I really need to post Miles's 5 month pictures.. since you know that was 9 days ago!!!

She is leaps and bounds above Miles, He almost never rolls, and has no interest in sitting up on his own. He also is almost NEVER on his tummy, he hates it, so I dont think there will be crawling any time soon. but i'm okay with that..

How did this happen? How did our tiny little blob babies turn into sitting up and crawling almost toddlers?????

Cassie said...

She is so precious!! Seriously, such a beautiful little baby. I can't believe she's four months old already.

And her thighs!! Do you think she would let ME hold her long enough to munch on them a little bit? Those fat rolls are just delicious!

The Waite Family said...

You have such a beautiful little girl, I could look at he all day and that smile!! She really looks like the mitchell bunch, just like her mommy!!

Janell said...

oh my goodness she is so dang cute! I think she'll be crawling before Asher...he just lays there. he's rolled once from his back to his tummy! Love the pics :)

Abby said...

Omigoodness she could not be any cuter. And could she look any more like you?

I guarantee she sleeps better now because she sleeps on her belly.

I love the onesies - if there is ever a No. 2 kid in my house I'm going to try this! (I've been taking Cash's picture every month in the same white, 12-month onesie so a similar idea!)

Unknown said...

I love the photo shoot. Abbi is so beautiful!! Crazy she's already 4 months.

Big Boys Oven said...

Oh this is so awesome, I am amazed to see her grown up into a lovely princess . . . ..

TheKeilShpeel said...

Way cute! She's a doll and those pics are great.
as far as the laying on the tummy..good to keep checking on her. My mom was just telling me of someone in our ward that at 9 months a little baby died of SIDS. I like to put Drew on his tummy too sometimes but I"m always in the room but it is true that once they can lift their head the percentage goes down drastically.