Sunday, May 10, 2009

On Mothers

On my mother...

I don't think there are words to express my feelings for my mother. What a wonderful woman!! All I know is that I hope some of what she did wore off on me so that I can be the mother to my children that she was and is to me. I'm so proud to say that not only is she my mother, but also my friend. She has been there for me no matter what, and that means the world to me. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't read this, but I love you mom!!

On being a mother...

This Mother's Day is a whole new experience for me since I'm spending my first Mother's Day as a mother. And what a blessing that is! I always knew that I wanted to be a mother, but I never really quite realized what a rewarding experience it would be. It's the hardest, but the most amazing thing that I've ever done. I look at my daughter and I'm just overcome with love. I know I've only been a mother for just over 3 months now, but if the future is anything like these last few months, (and I'm sure it will just get better and better!), than I know I have a very happy lifetime ahead of me. I'm so blessed to be a mother!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers and future mothers!

"She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come,... long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues shall have decayed or shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity..., she is co-partner with the Creator himself" President David O. McKay

2 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Happy Mother's day.. That was a beautiful post. Thanks.

Cassie said...

That's such a beautiful photo of you and Abbi. Happy Mother's Day, Deborah.