Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Horses and Goats and Dogs... Oh My!

Everyone has been writing about their wonderful weekends, and well, let's just say that our weekend of house cleaning and sprinkler system installing wasn't too exciting. So I'll talk about the weekend before instead!!

We had an extended family party to celebrate my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. It was held at my aunt and uncle's house - where they have all kinds of animals, including horses, goats and lots of dogs. The kids all wanted to go see the animals, so I went along with them.


Kacy's girls loved the horses. They were fearless, too - sticking their hands in and petting the horses.


I'm sure everyone knows who the Pioneer Woman is? I can totally see now why she loves taking pictures of horses. They really are glorious, beautiful animals!


Oh, I got some good laughs from these goats. Check out the hair-do on the one in the top left. Kacy, Janell and I laughed so hard! And the poor goat on the bottom - looks like he got stuck in the pipes. Who would have guessed that some goats would be so entertaining!?!


I don't even know how many dogs my aunt and uncle have - so many! But I loved the dogs and so did the kids. I actually think that my aunt and uncle breed a few of them, because there were baby puppies as well. So cute!


And I know I've already posted this guy, but I love him so much that I had to post him again!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

What sweet pictures! The goats are cracking me up.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I really love these shots, Deborah. I wish I was there!