Friday, May 22, 2009

Catering Festivities

I just have to start off by saying that I have an awesome family. My cousin got married a couple of weekends ago, and asked us to cater her reception. This isn't the first reception that we have catered, although we don't do it often. But looking at this spread of tasty food, I wish I could go back in time to have my reception at a place where we could bring in our own food so that the food would have been this good!
We all met up the day before at my mom's house to start the cooking. I felt really bad because I don't think I really was much help. Abbi was being quite fussy that day, so I mainly just hung out and held her. But it was great to spend time with my sisters and my mom!
The next day, Tami and Janell did a lot of the work during the day. Kacy and I joined them that afternoon to finish up before heading to my aunt and uncles house for the reception.
All thorough the reception, everyone was busy keeping the tables full. I, of course, had my fussy Abbi, so I did a lot of watching! But what an amazing family I have. Not many people can say that their siblings and mom are so talented that they could pull off a reception - especially with such great food all made from scratch! And Janell is doing it again this weekend - brave girl!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

All I can say is....I LOVE THE MITCHELLS! the food looks beautiful too!

Cassie said...

Wow, the food looks absolutely amazing! Those little cucumber sandwiches are about my favorite food in the world. I really want some now. About 12 would be good.