Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Supercross

The starting line

There are 3 things that Josh is really passionate about (not including people, of course!)

1 - Baseball
2 - Golf
3 - Dirt Bikes

If you would have asked me 4 years ago if I would enjoy watching motorcycle racing, I would have said no. But I guess that is one of the beautiful things about falling in love with someone and that someone becoming your best friend - you learn and love new things. I have to admit - I have totally gotten into supercross over the last few years!

Really bad photo of us, but the only one we got!

So when we found out that there would be a race in Salt Lake, we had to go. This was our first time out without Abbi. And we had a lot of fun. It had been raining all day, so that night it was very cold and I should have worn warmer clothing, but even with the cold, we still had a blast.

Our favorite - Chad Reed - didn't win, (in fact, he got robbed by another racer who was taken out of the race), but it was still fun to see it all in person. And it was a great night out for the two of us.

Our favorite racer - Chad Reed

The series of races always ends in Las Vegas, and since we love road trips to Vegas, we're thinking of heading down there next year for the finale. And in the meantime, we'll have to take more date nights out!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

yeah for date nights!

Cassie said...

I think that's such a cute photo of the two of you! Sounds like you guys had so much fun. I've never been to a Supercross race before, but it looks like it would be a blast.