Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Weekend


We had access to a free condo in St. George this past weekend, so we decided to take advantage of it!! Josh had a really busy month in April and really needed a break, and it definitely was a break! We didn't do a whole lot - mostly just lounged around and napped. It was just what the doctor ordered!

Is there anything that you only do when you are on vacation? For us, it is a stop at Starbuck's for a Strawberry Frappucino. We stopped this weekend, and that is when I realized that in the last couple of years, we stop for one every time we are on vacation. But never when we are at home. Probably because they most likely have about a bazillion calories and I get to eat like that only when I'm on vacation. Yummm, makes me want to go on vacation more often!!

We did a lot of sleeping, which was great. I always want to take a time out during the day and take a nap, but that rarely happens since I feel like I always have something to do. That's when it's great to be away from the day-to-day - I could take a nap and not feel guilty that there is laundry to be done or bills that need to be paid. It was also a nice vacation from the computer.

We did go to a local college baseball game while we were there - at least part of it. It was a blow out, and we didn't want Abbi to get sunburned, but it was fun while we were there. I know Josh really liked being there, but I know that it made him really miss playing. Maybe one day he'll be able to get his knee fixed so he can at least play for recreation.

Besides that, there were just a few trips to Target and a couple of restaurants. But it was so good to take some time to relax that we didn't come home until today, instead of coming home yesterday like we had originally intended. Weekend getaways are great!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

how fun for you guys! Mike and I have been in desperate need of a weekend road trip! We had a few options planned for our anniversary weekend, but only ended up going to a Nationals game. The game was fun...but a road trip would have been much better!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

Wow.. that sounds really nice..
And it wasn't too hard with Abbi? Did she adjust fine to being away from home??
I'm very jealous.. sounds like you guys had a very relaxing (exteneded) weekend! :)

Abby said...

Sounds great. So glad you got to rest. That is one thing I figure I haven't gotten since I found out I was pregnant forever ago: rest!

Abbi looks so sweet in that picture! I love sleeping babies - for more than one reason. Ha.

Cassie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love weekend getaways. Andrew hasn't been to the ball park yet, but we can't wait to take him this summer!