Thursday, March 11, 2010

Book #16 - Twenties Girl

Twenties Girl
Sophie Kinsella

I wanted to really like this book, and I think I would have if it wasn't for 2 things:

1 - the language. Why do British authors have to swear so much?
2 - one of the characters - the main character's aunt that comes back as a ghost - is extremely annoying. I know that was kind of the point, but she was just so unlikeable. And at the end, I know the author tries to turn it around to show that she really was a good person, but by that point, I really didn't like her and no matter what happened, I was just too far gone. I think it was just a little too over the top.

But overall, it was entertaining. Which, it's Chick Lit, so I'm sure that's the whole point. But I do have to admit that I cried a few tears at the end and found it a bit touching. It was a fast read, especially considering it's length. But I got through it quite quickly and it kept me wanting to read it.

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

No comments: