Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Book #18 - Water For Elephants

Water For Elephants
Sara Gruen

I have figured out why I like young adult novels so much. You don't have to worry about all the language or sexually explicit material. I think I would have really liked this book if it weren't for those two things. The subject matter was very interesting - it's a story about a man who joins the circus in the 1920's. The writing was good. It was hard to put down at times. In fact, I was reading until 1am to finish this, because I didn't want to put it down. I also had a problem with the fact that the love story is about an affair.

But I wouldn't want to recommend it to anyone because of the language and the sex. It's too bad, because I think that the story itself was quite interesting!

Have you read this book? Share your feelings!

1 comment:

Abby said...

It's a bestseller so people will find it; don't worry about that! ;) I was thinking about choosing this for book club in July when it's my turn to host again. And if you don't want to read about sex DON'T read "A Reliable Wife." It was awesome in a very strange way, but it is chock full o'sex.